>> On the Beat - Episode 44 - Neil discuses Student reviews

TGMatt

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 pm

In this episode of On the beat Neil discusses why student reviews are important and what he is looking for this year..

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt
http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/student-reviews.html

. Image

millponddave

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:04 pm

OK, I would like to post a video but I really don't know how. I don't have a camera, but would buy one if I knew what to get. also what about a mike ? I am sure that someone out there me figure this all out, so how 'bout it, anyone want to help a really technically challenged guy like me?

Dave

willem

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:10 am

millponddave wrote:
OK, I would like to post a video but I really don't know how. I don't have a camera, but would buy one if I knew what to get. also what about a mike ? I am sure that someone out there me figure this all out, so how 'bout it, anyone want to help a really technically challenged guy like me?

Dave
Hey Dave,,of course there are a bunch of people that want to help..

A chaepest camera would be kodak Zi28(i believe) and has a possibilty to plugin a extarnal mike,,you can get really good video and sound with that gadget,,i'm sure somebody's come up here and will help..

jayswett

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:28 am

Glad to hear that you would like to post a video. I'm sure that everyone at TG who has taken the time to do so believes it to have been a worthwhile endeavor. I, too, started out as technically challanged but have managed to learn enough to help put together a couple of collaborations. My advice, though, is to make your first video as simple as possible. No need for fancy graphics, titles, transitions, etc. You can learn how to do that later, and I might add that you might find it enjoyable learning how to do it. Buying a simple flip camera, or even using your ipod or iphone (if you have one), is fine for your first video. You can get external mics if you want, but again, simplicity makes sense for your first video, and I would argue that the internal mic of whatever video capturing device you are using is fine for a first video.

Once you have captured your video and have moved it to your computer, upoading it to the student reveiw channel is easy enough. I think there is a video from TGMike regarding how to do that, but if you run into trouble, speak up, and we will be happy to help out. Sometimes a phone call is the easiest means to get you through some of this, so consider that as well. You can send a private message to me, Willem, Al, or anyone really for help. Good luck.

willem

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:00 am

jayswett wrote:
Glad to hear that you would like to post a video. I'm sure that everyone at TG who has taken the time to do so believes it to have been a worthwhile endeavor. I, too, started out as technically challanged but have managed to learn enough to help put together a couple of collaborations. My advice, though, is to make your first video as simple as possible. No need for fancy graphics, titles, transitions, etc. You can learn how to do that later, and I might add that you might find it enjoyable learning how to do it. Buying a simple flip camera, or even using your ipod or iphone (if you have one), is fine for your first video. You can get external mics if you want, but again, simplicity makes sense for your first video, and I would argue that the internal mic of whatever video capturing device you are using is fine for a first video.

Once you have captured your video and have moved it to your computer, upoading it to the student reveiw channel is easy enough. I think there is a video from TGMike regarding how to do that, but if you run into trouble, speak up, and we will be happy to help out. Sometimes a phone call is the easiest means to get you through some of this, so consider that as well. You can send a private message to me, Willem, Al, or anyone really for help. Good luck.

Yes Dave, these are the right and great encourage words i could'nt find,,Jay is right to keep it simple in the first place,,,goodluck..

frybaby

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:22 am

Hi Dave,

Yes I have to agree with Jay en Willem here..I myself use a simple Samsung Digital Cam with an internal mic, wich was €150 a couple of years ago and those cams are getting cheaper all the time, really it doens't need to be fancy. However, up till now it works just fine and honestly it is enough as well!

Well hope you'll get yourself one and I'll be looking forward to your first post!

Ness

millponddave wrote:

Dave

millponddave

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Now I have an idea of where to start. Getting up the nerve to actually post something is another story. However I realize that I am among friends here so it shouldn't be too traumatic ! See ya out there.

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic