>> On the Beat - Episode 50 - Totally Guitars Weekly Wrap Up Feb 11, 2011

TGMatt

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm

In this episode of On The Beat we have the Totally Guitars News Weekly Wrap Up for Feb 04, 2011.

It was Crosby, Stills, Nash& Young week here at TotallyGuitars. We added one song from each of the guys to our TARGET Program- David Crosby's Triad, Love The One You're With by Stephen Stills, Marrakesh Express by Graham Nash, and we closed out the set with Don't Let It Bring You Down by Neil Young. We also had a little guessing game as to what was coming and you guys did a great job of sorting through the
clues and getting pretty close to the answer.

We also had the next episode of our Drip Feed lesson on the guitar instrumental Quicksand. This part is probably a little more difficult than the last but I think it gets easier after this so don't be discouraged.

We were fortunate last year to spend some time with Muriel Anderson and this week we started putting out clips from a house concert she let us video for our Acoustic Snapshots section. We have a few more of those on the way soon.

There has been quite an increase in the number of Student Uploads for Review lately and this week we saw responses to River Of Life by PFM, Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, the classical guitar piece Romanza, and Judy by John Renbourn. It is great that many of the latest uploads are the first for a student. This is always a big step in your musical evolution, congratulations!

Next week- some holiday specials...

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

sbutler

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Sorry Neil, but I'm drawing a blank. I think your referring to the up coming "buy em chocolate and flowers" day . But I can't imagine any CSNY songs that are that romantic. Some of them actually go the other way, 49 bye byes, Southern Cross, etc.

Scott

lueders

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 pm

This time around, could it be Guinnevere? Perhaps?

TGNeil

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:40 am

Only 1 is from one of the bunch. The rest are just part of the theme...

jimcjimc

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:37 am

You'll have to do Valentine's Day by Steve Earle

lueders

Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Okay, here's some wild speculative guesses maybe good for a laugh...
( I think I am confused about the clues but what the heck? Here goes..

1.) Guinnevere
2.) Theme from Love Story
3.) Here comes your Man the (the Pixies)
4.) ) Blue Valentine (Tom Waits)

Bonus Track: Cannonball ( Damien Rice)

TGNeil

Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Cori-

I hate to tell you you got an Ofor, 0 for 4 or 5...

I guess I should send out more clues.

One song from last week got pulled because it fit the Valentines' week criteria and it was replace by Don't Let It Bring You Down.
One was released in the last 8 months by a current band from MA (Tufts, to be specific, one of my dad's alma mater schools).
Gary Davis.
A major hint on the news a few weeks ago from the late 60s.

Anon

michelew

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:26 pm

What can I say....I just lóve the idea of anóther CSNY-song! But these guessing games make me........aaaaaaaarghhh! :S

But of cóurse I'll ponder on this one, that is the CSNY-song wich got pulled! :P

Ness

TGNeil

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Don't forget the clue, it was Neil, from 1970, performed on the Four Way Street tour, not on that album, that might fit the Valentines' criteria...

reiver

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Hmmmmm - Neil Young - 1970ish - Valentines Day theme - Only Love Can Break Your Heart?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic