>> Weekly News Wrap Up On The Beat Feb 18th, 2011

TGMike

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:12 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

The TG News for February 18, 2011 covered the Valentine's week TARGET lessons with the 'Love' theme- Do You Love Me, Only Love Can Break Your Heart, She's Funny That Way, and Love Street, as well as Student Reviews on Triad, Solitary Man, Angie, Wild Horses. We added tab to the Chord Solo Play Through of the lesson on Angie by The Rolling Stones and will be trying to update some of the other lessons that include Chord Solos.

Muriel Anderson's House Concert video continued with some of her original songs- I'll Never Sing Another Song, Another Day's Today, Fantasia De Fuego and Midnight Solo.

An interesting Forum thread started with a member asking a question about Chords In Keys and many other members responded with answers and even other puzzles to solve.

We also talked about the new TARGET Student Reviews section where you can easily search and find songs by student, original artist, song name, Neil's reviews, and any other thing you might be looking for.

The pricing for all individual lessons available as Pay-Per-Lessons has been adjusted with all lessons now available for under $10, with some as low as $2.95.

Next week: Psychedelic Rock Week with four songs from the 1960s, each by an artist not yet represented in the TARGET program.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

beaker

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Neil, I gotta say I love checking in with the daily news every week and I am stoked for some of the stuff that you say may be on the horizon soon, .... Hesitation Blues.... even though, alas, I cannot keep up with all of the tunes that I plan on learning. I still have not gotten to Candyman and Cocaine Blues because I keep getting sidetracked! (and lazy sometimes). But one thing about this particular news segment today, you got me all excited about psychedelic week! but then went on to say it was all artists that have not been represented yet???? ... that means no..... Grateful Dead..... the definitive psychedelic rock band. The same band from the legendary Acid Tests????? the ones who were friends with Ken Kesey and Neil Cassidy and Owsley???? I think you may have fallen off of your chair neil, and hit your head?! OK, I understand ..... this can only mean one thing...... Grateful Dead week? Jerry Garcia week?

Whatever happens I know it will be good... Jerry or no Jerry...... Beaker.

beaker

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:04 pm

...... Also I can't guess this song coming up with a famous drum solo because all I can think of when I think of famous drum solo's are Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin or Soul Sacrifice by Santana. And you already have lessons from both of those bands.

TGNeil

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Beaker,

I know, sad but true- no Dead next week. Plenty of their associates though, and only 1 from SF, which should not be hard to guess. The rest? A bit of reaching out will be necessary to land a couple...

Neil

lueders

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 pm

I am so excited this week I can't hardly stand it. WHITE RABBIT has to be one of 'em! (After that teaser a couple weeks ago. Man I hope so! )I think this is gonna be one of those Christmas morning kind of weeks, waiting around to see what song is coming up the next day!

I'm gonna get my guesses in early...

1.) WHITE RABBIT!!!! - The Airplane, Dude!
2.) Strange Days or Crystal Ship?-The Doors
3.) See Emily Play- Floyd
4.) Season of the Witch-Donovan (although everything in his catalog is psychedelic sounding.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Crud, as usual I didn't read the fine print: New List:

1.) White Rabbit!!! -The Airplane
2.) Eight Miles High -The Byrds
3.) Maiden of the Cancer Moon-Quicksilver Messenger Service
4.) Pat's Song- Country Joe and the Fish

cosmicmechanic

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:15 pm

WHITE RABBIT ! yesssss !

jim56

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Famous drum solo? hmmmmm, I'm going with In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly.

millponddave

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Lets see San Francisco, Psychedelic era, Has to be something from Jefferson Airplane or Perhaps New Riders of the Purple Sage maybe?

Dave

haoli25

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Psychedelic Rock Week?!?!?!?! Image

AndyT

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 am

I have not watched the news yet, but I'm tossing in Last Chance by Shooting Star for famous drum solo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic