>> On the Beat - Episode 54 - Weekly video news wrapup March 18, 2011

TGMatt

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:07 pm

In this episode of On The Beat, we have the weekly video news ...

Thanks to everybody who got involved with our auction for MattB. We are making a dent in his bills because of so many people's participation. We still have a few more big items available for a short time, including the Taylor 414ce, two 30-minute private lessons with Neil over Skype, a set of 4 of his CDs autographed personally to the highest bidder, the right to pick any song to be added to the Target Program, and of course, the Lifetime Target Membership.

We had a couple of new additions to our Luthier's Corner section with Keith Holland talking about Buzz Feiten and the system he developed to improve the intonation problems many guitars have. The second episode goes into locking nut and bridge systems used on electric guitars.

We had a set of Student Reviews by Neil including a couple of songs not in our Target Program; In Your Atmosphere by John Mayer and arrangement of a hymn, Doxology, as well as comments on other uploads featuring the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, and a little Country Blues.

The Target additions this week focused on songs that have leads that might be fun to learn or melodies not played by the guitar in the original recording. We did Walk Don't Run with both rhythm and lead parts, Year Of The Cat with leads that were originally done by a cello, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, then sax, Take On me with the keyboard lick arranged for guitar, and an acoustic version of Stray Cat Strut which covered all the leads as well. We also had a Fly On The Wall video with Neil and his student Fred working on Walk Don't Run.

Next week: something that has been on the top 30 list for a long time, as well as a couple of classics from the 70s.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

sbutler

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm going to bid on that guitar Neil, and I'm flying down in two weeks to pick it up.

That is if someone doesn't out bid me.

Scott

can you say "another fly on the wall"?

haoli25

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Neil makes that Taylor sound soooooo good, I'm thinking about bidding on it myself! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sbutler

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm

You know, I have a feeling that he can make two wooden boxes with bailing wire between them sound awesome.

willem

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:36 am

I find it a very nice week and enjoyed your performance with Al Steward...thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic