>> On the Beat - Episode 56 - Weekly video news wrapup April 1st, 2011

TGMatt

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:13 pm

As we start the month of April here at Totally Guitars we had a week's worth of songs from Crosby, Stills & Nash. Joining the altered tuning state of David's mind we did lessons on Guinnevere and Deja Vu, as well as Stills' tunes Southern Cross and Helplessly Hoping.

I think that about wraps them up for a while. We also added the last installment to Neil's piece Quicksand for those into complicated instrumentals.

We want to thank Jim56 for becoming one of our Guest Reporters and bringing us a concert he shot of Edgar Cruz, well known for his solo rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Our Music Gear Review area had a feature this week on our resident luthier Keith Holland. Keith makes many custom guitars for his customers and the episode we had early in the week talks about some of the things you need to consider if thinking about having a guitar built for you.

We released a couple of lesson packages this week as well. We have a 5-Pack each of Gordon Lightfoot and Fleetwood Mac. The Lightfoot Pack includes Early Morning Rain, If You Could Read My Mind, Sundown, Carefree Highway and The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald.

The Fleetwood Mac Pack consists of Oh Well, Rhiannon, Landslide, Never Going Back Again and Go Your Own Way. If you are not a Target Member but are a fan of either of these icons the Packs are a great way to go and a great deal.

Next week: George Harrison, four songs ranging from his first album, All Things Must Pass, to his last, Brainwashed. Let us know what you think might be coming!

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

RicksPick

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Started watching and had no sound, Is Neil pulling a fast one being 1st April? No I had messed up my sound settings lol :laugh:

RicksPick

pbraun

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 am

My first 2 guesses for next weeks lessons...
All Things Must Pass
Any Road

Pete

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:38 am

I hope that the most positive downbeat song I can think of must be in the mix: Beware of Darkness !

pbraun

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:05 am

My second round of guesses
(would also like to see Beware Of Darkness)
Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Give Me Love
TearDrops
Blow Away
All Those Years Ago

Pete

lueders

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 am

I think Pete already made a pretty big dent in in his picks/guesses for George Harrison week. I thought I would speculate also:

All things Must Pass....................Run of the Mil

Living in A Material World.............Give me Love (Give me piece on Earth)

Darkhorse...............................Far East Man

Brainwashed............................Stuck in A Cloud

hmadsen1

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:31 pm

What is the name of song during the opening?

It really caught my attention and sounds familiar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic