>> Acoustic Snapshots Episode 72 - Caitlyn plays Evolve by Ani DiFranco

TGMatt

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 pm

A new acoustic snapshot has been added for you today ..

Some of you might remember our earlier Fly On The Wall lessons with Caitlyn, who has been a part of Neil’s extended family since she was just a baby. She is now a very talented teenager who has been exploring the musical waters mostly on her own.

Recently, the ship came in and she and Neil had a chance to catch up a bit. In this Acoustic Snapshot she plays Evolve by Ani DiFranco, done in DADGAD Tuning.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... art-1.html

. Image

lueders

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:37 pm

That was SUPER COOL CAITLYN! (Wish I could do that percussive stuff as well as you are doing.)
I LOVE Ani Di Franco! Love the way she plays and I have seen her live...She is down to earth and very affable too.

Your voice on this sounds really great too! Way to go! Thanks for the Lesson...

Lavallee

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Great playing and singing Caitlyn, I agree with the nice groove fromm the percussive plus the DADGAD tuning sound. Have to look for more from Ani. The singing must be really tough but you do a great job at it. Hope to see more of your playing

Marc

tovo

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Caitlyn that was cool. When are you touring in Australia? I know a real funky pub in Adelaide where your style would fit like a glove. Nice work, really enjoyed it.

suziko

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Great job, Caitlyn! Ani has such a distinctive style of playing AND singing, it's hard to imitate (in my opinion). I'd love to see a lesson on one of her songs (Out of Habit? Fire Door?). I agree with Cori- I've seen Ani in concert a few times, and she is one of the best entertainers I've ever seen. Funny, witty, sexy, charming, and a great musician.

Suzi

sbutler

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Thats a very happy and very talented young lady. She is a joy to watch and listen too.

Caitlyn, please stop by more often.

Scott

willem

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks Caitlyn,,thanks for evolve a Ani Dfranco song which i never would be knowing i think and i like such a style,,is there any writting/out music from her??

millponddave

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Way cool I loved the funky beat. Thanks.

Dave

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:00 am

Caitlyn, I guess you could play and sing any song you set your sights on. Excellent performance !

It's great that you can explore such subtle tones with your voice, and perform melodies and vocals that do not match exactly.

I just started looking up Ani Difranco now because of this video. I'm pretty much an ignoramus regarding her material.

Thanks for kick starting my interest in this artist :)

Pierre

tvarga

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm absolutely amazed how great that sounded. You're ready to go on tour!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic