>> Acoustic Snapshots Episode 74 - Caitlyn - Thirty Two Flavors by Ani DiFranco

TGMatt

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Today's Acoustic Snapshots continues with Caitlyn playing Thirty Two Flavors.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... art-3.html

. Image

suziko

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Another great job, Caitlyn. Neil, please DO do a lesson on 32 Flavors!

Suzi

lueders

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Wow, another excellent job!!! Caitlyn, you really were bitten by the Ani-bug weren't ya? Holy-cow!
I would totally like to see some Ani on T.G. as a matter of fact I would love to see some of her contemporaries/tour mates & culprits in crime...like Greg Brown and Utah Phillips, Gilliam Welch and other Americana/Contemporary folk stuff like that. It might seem like not as many people would want to learn to play songs in this genre as the Grateful dead or Pink Floyd. But the loyal fan base of these Indie artists that is out there... is the rabid, die-hard type of crowd, that will do anything to learn these artists' songs. (The right way!) This could be the only site on the internet that has a lessons on say: Ani Di Franco, Greg Brown, or Uncle Tupelo!

suziko

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Just a little interesting factoid regarding Ani and Greg Brown. From what I heard, she wrote "This Bouquet" (from Not a Pretty Girl) for him, and he wrote "Vivid" (from Slant 6 Mind) as a response to her. Both are great songs!

Suzi

lueders

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:38 am

suziko wrote:
Just a little interesting factoid regarding Ani and Greg Brown. From what I heard, she wrote "This Bouquet" (from Not a Pretty Girl) for him, and he wrote "Vivid" (from Slant 6 Mind) as a response to her. Both are great songs!

Suzi
Alright, Suzi knows her factoids.( Have you heard them do the "Marriage Chant" together?...pretty cool.) The two songs you named are both great tunes! Ani also covered Greg's "Poet Game" on the "Going Driftless" (Greg Brown tribute album)This is out in leftfield... but I thought Ani, also also did a an awesome job covering Springsteen's "Used Car."

millponddave

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Once again, Great job Caitlyn. I was mesmerized by your performance.

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic