>> Acoustic Snapshots Episode 76 - Caitlyn, Lizzie And Neil Play Closer To Fine

TGMatt

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Today's Acoustic Snapshots is now live continuing with Caitlyn Lizzie And Neil Playing Closer To Fine

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... cover.html

Here is the story according to Neil-

On Saturday, April 16, Caitlyn paid us a visit and was gracious enough to get in front of the camera while I recorded our musical reunion for a couple of Acoustic Snapshots for TG. I asked her to come back on Sunday to shoot a little more stuff for future lessons and the folks at TG. One of the things I wanted to do was get her to sing some Indigo Girls songs but we needed another vocalist, as I was not in the required league.

My daughter, Elizabeth has always loved singing but never got enough encouragement to pursue it more aggressively. Imagine that! I thought this would be a great opportunity to get her out of the closet and sing some songs with Caitlyn, who she basically grew up with. She was scheduled for a tutoring session today but when I told her we could cancel that if she would come sing with us, she broke down and said OK.

I need to preface this part with a little perspective. My older kids, Cory and Rebecca, have always been completely comfortable with playing and performing in front of anybody, but Lizzie has always been a little cooler about the whole idea. I have known she could sing since she volunteered to sing the Star Spangled Banner at Opening Day for our local girls softball league when she was about 10. I asked if she wanted me to accompany her on the guitar and she said no, she could do it alone (a capella). She did a great job and I was really surprised and impressed. Since then, her public singing has been mostly confined to the privacy of the house and car.

Caitlyn was very familiar with Closer To Fine and went over the parts with Lizzie as we sorted out a quick arrangement, mostly done by listening to the song a few times and running through it for a little while. The girls knew I wanted to document this session on video and I expected a bit of a protest from Lizzie. I asked them if it would OK to start the camera, really just to have a rough draft of our starting point with the song that we could look back on after a few more sessions. Neither of them had a problem with it, particularly under that condition.

As it turned out, we were all very surprised with the result. I hope you enjoy this peek behind-the-scenes.

Lavallee

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:39 pm

That was a very fun and lively video Caitlyn and Lizzie, you harmonies are excellent. Good guitarist too

Marc

lueders

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:57 pm

That was really nice girls...LOVED the harmonies! Sounded great! Looked like a lot of fun and some quality bonding time, too. Thanks for a wonderful performance, all...

RicksPick

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:36 pm

I have the biggest smile
That was fantastic
Glad you had your arm twisted Lizzie
It sounded WOW, you two together perfect
Dad did good too

RicksPick

millponddave

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 pm

As Neil said, WELL DONE. I really enjoyed the performance. I'll be looking forward to more.

Dave

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:58 pm

That was way too cool, what a fun time. Great harmonies girls and just who was that accompanying you? He wasn't half bad either lol

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:27 pm

OMG, that was just GRÉAT!!! :ohmy:

I always love songs with harmonies in them and you girls pulled it off just....fantastic! WOW!!

Thank you very much for sharing such a great session with us, I just loved it all around!! :cheer:

Vanessa

Hydroman52

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Take that show on the road! You'll get lots of applause. Good job.

Hydroman52

suziko

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 pm

What's not to love about that? Beautiful voices on both the girls, and Neil's excellent accompaniment. I loved it! Closer to Fine was the song that first brought me to TG. I never really learned to play it back then for some reason, but I think this week I'll go back and finally learn it.

Thanks to all three of you!

Suzi

thereshopeyet

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:05 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic