>> On the Beat - Episode 61 - Weekly video news wrapup May 13th, 2011

TGMike

Fri May 13, 2011 2:38 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

This week we released our first ever Super Pack- 30 Beatles song from our 3 individual 10-Packs. We know that many TGers prefer their lessons this way and are happy to oblige with the greatest band of all time! We also had lessons on Closer To Fine by The Indigo Girls, Rock And Roll Girls by John Fogerty, Gold Dust Woman by Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac, Question by The Moody Blues (done in Open C Tuning), and a Fly On The Wall with my student Sandy where we talked about memorization ideas and Here Comes The Sun.

There were a bunch of great threads on the Forum this week- thoughts about your dream jamming partners, sexy songs, pentatonic scales, luthier questions, and harmonics. There also is a link to an update on MattB.

We are also excited about Muriel Anderson visiting Northern California next week. She will be playing in Redwood City on Thursday, May 19. They are offering TG members a discount when purchasing tickets online. Here is her message-

Hi Neil,

**Secret discount code for totallyguitars members: Type in HARP when you buy your tickets online!
Thursday May 19 8:00pm
Muriel Anderson with Raughi of Tierra Negra and band
Club Fox, 2209 Broadway, Redwood City.
650-369-7770 Tickets $20 in advance $22 at door, $18/20 students

She will also be doing an Interactive Concert/Workshop in Los Gatos on Monday, May 23 at The Guitar Hospital. She will be there with her harp guitar and be open to questions and requests from the audience. Seating to this is somewhat limited so be sure to contact them if you are available.
Call (408) 402-5823 or email for more details [email protected]

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

beaker

Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Neil, I know you did not say it was a contest to guess your upcoming lessons, but I am going to guess anyway. My guess for the open G song is Water Song by Jorma Kaukonnen.
Beaker.

willem

Fri May 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Muriel,,great,but it is a long distance,,when she goes Dutch,,....i hope there will be a secret code...thanks and a happy weekend..

lueders

Fri May 13, 2011 5:42 pm

beaker wrote:
Neil, I know you did not say it was a contest to guess your upcoming lessons, but I am going to guess anyway. My guess for the open G song is Water Song by Jorma Kaukonnen.
Beaker.
Great Album, Beaker! (Burgers) I really dig "Watersong" of course, but ltheir cover of "Let's Get Together- Right Down Here is beyond " AWESOME!!

I hate to vote against you on this. Because I would love to see Neil do either of the aforementioned tunes...

But I think Neil is going to pull out some more Leo Kottke stuff. Perhaps, Crow River Waltz. Since the excellent recent post in the busking channel. Then again what the heck do I know, maybe Neil will pull out "Vaseline Machine Gun." (Ya never know what is gonna happen 'round here...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic