>> On the Beat - Episode 62 - Weekly video news wrapup May 20th, 2011

TGMike

Fri May 20, 2011 4:48 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

This week at TG we rolled out a program that has been mentioned and requested on the Forum over the last few weeks: Target Lite. It might be just the thing for some of our visitors who have limited guitar time, might be sticking to a budget, or could make a few lessons last them a few months. More details are on the Target Page.

We also noticed that some people are starting to work on our TG Wiki pages for artists whose songs we have lessons for. I even put a bit into our Al Stewart page. Check out some of the great artwork on his album covers in the Discography section.

In our Target Lessons Library we added a couple of fingerpicking tunes in Open G: an arrangement of the traditional tune Buffalo Gals, and John Fahey’s Give Me Cornbread When I’m Hungry, both of which are accessible to intermediate students. We also added The Moody Blues classic Melancholy Man, and revived our Drip Feed Series with Lesson 1 on my song Sleight Of Hand. Parts of might also be accessible to intermediate students if taken slow enough and in the small doses that we will drip out, but it is a Level 9.

Our Fly On The Wall Series brought us Caitlyn working on I’d Love To Change The World. She plays most things fingerstyles so she has a slightly different approach to this Alvin Lee tune.

Jack van Breen dropped into our Luthier’s Corner with a couple of videos showing how to change strings on a Fender Telecaster. There are some subtle differences and problems unique to many guitars and his info is always enlightening.

That’s the way of the world at TG on May 20th.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil