>> On the Beat - Episode 63 - Weekly Guitar video news wrapup May 27th, 2011

TGMike

Fri May 27, 2011 4:43 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

The big news this week (for me at least) was the Mega Collaboration of our TG members in the Northeastern US. If you haven't seen any of the videos they have been putting up lately you really should check them out. I really want to thank and congratulate all involved.

Our new Target lessons included The Voice by The Moody Blues, If by Bread, and an arrangement in Open G of Take Me Out To The Ball Game. We also brought out Lesson #2 for Sleight Of Hand and a Fly On The Wall with my student Mark, who just started playing guitar a few months ago. There was quite a range of levels represented from beginning to advanced as well as the addition of the Ear Training aspect to The Voice, where we talk about what to listen for in a song you are trying to learn.

There were a couple of new Packages released- a 6-Pack of Moody Blues tunes including Nights In White Satin, Tuesday Afternoon, The Story In Your Eyes, Question, Melancholy Man, and The Voice. The other was a set of 5 songs in Open G Tuning, mostly beginning to intermediate level fingerpicking pieces. This included some standards, Buffalo Gals and Take Me Out To the Ball Game, a little Slack Key with Hula Blues, an instrumental version of Here Comes The Sun, and John Fahey's Give Me Cornbread When I'm Hungry. Fahey was a huge influence on me after I first heard him when I was a teenager. If you are not familiar with him you should track down some of his stuff.

Till next week...

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil