>> On the Beat - Episode 64 - Weekly Guitar video news wrapup June 3rd, 2011

TGMike

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

Your weekly wrap up awaits...

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

Welcome to June!

This week we brought out a couple of songs by Cat Stevens- Morning Has Broken and The Wind, a little surf music with the Ventures version of Wipe Out, and another entry in our Zombies line- Tell Her No. We also had a short Fly On The Wall with Caitlyn and I going over her beginnings of an original tune.

I'd also like to let everybody in on a great piece of software that I use all the time. Song Surgeon is a great addition to any guitar players set of tools. It is a program that can take any audio file and change the pitch or the speed to allow you to really focus in on minuted details of a song. There are dozens of great features and they are spelled out on our Song Surgeon page- http://www.totallyguitars.com/songsurgeon/

I use this just about everyday as I prep lessons for TG or other students. Be sure to check out the free demo.

In today's newscast I also got a little off on a Buffalo Springfield tangent, having just seen part of a reunion tour that they are on now. There are only a few shows before they headline a festival in Tennessee but if you are near Los Angeles or Santa Barbara they are heading that way over the next couple of days. Not to be missed!

Next week... maybe some Springfield tunes???

Stay Tunes & In Touch,

Neil

willem

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Oh YEAH,,i REALLY DO THE SEARCH BUTTON IN THE RECOMMEND A LESSON ON THE KEY WORD ''SPRINGFIELD'',,WHY? IS THE REAL FUN ONLY OVER THERE,,OKE WHEN WE GOT IT DOWN WE MAKE SOME SPRINGFIELD OVER HERE,,,, I REALLY LIKED THE CANADIAN BAND WITH THAT AWESOME LEAD SINGER AND THERE HARMONIES AND FOOT DRUM,, MOST I LIKE THE TG STRONG BASIC OF THERE TUNES AND THEY DID A GREAT JOB!!!!psst i think they gonna be famous,, I AM STILL DISTRACKED ON ALL THE UPLOADED LESSONS BUT WHAT THE HECK I HAVE FUN AND SOME OF THEM ARE REALLY COMMING,,,THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

haoli25

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:17 pm

I am only a little jealous that you got to see the Springfield Reunion. Okay...a LOT jealous! :P Any future lessons featuring their great music would be appreciated.
I have only a chance to glance at "Song Surgeon", but WOW!!!!!!! I may have to give this a shot with a few obscure classical guitar works. Thanks.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic