On the Beat - Episode 92 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up December 9th, 2011

TGCheryle

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

Your weekly wrap up awaits...

Enjoy your weekend!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2011.html

December 9, 2011

There was probably more playing than talking on today’s news. The weather here today just made me want to sit outside and play the guitar. I did go over a few of the highlights this week though. We had probably one of the most varied set of 3 songs released to the Target Program. They ranged from the dark recesses of Damien Rice’s Eskimo, through the great acoustic stylings of America with Sandman, and into the wacky world of Caravan with Hello Hello. Caravan is known for using unusual time signatures so be sure to give it a listen and see if you can figure out what’s going on in Hello Hello.

We continued our extensive series of lessons on Ain’t No Sunshine with Fred working on refining the picking, something that is fairly new for him. We also had another Fly On The Wall video with Kevin getting back to Friend Of The Devil.

That’s about it for today’s report… I’m going back outside to play the guitar!

Neil

willem

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi,really not sick from ''áint no sunshine'' FLOTW ,,i think Fred works on a finished product,,really enjoy that,,

OH WELL PART 2,when i hear the first notes I'm trilled,,so of toooooo vooooooooooote..

instrumental from Santa comes to town,,,MMMMM i think that I heard it,,,

Is there a song a baut guitar playing or singin under a palm tree??? here it is Brrrrrr,,cold storm,,but the heater is burning..

Thanks..

W.

edit: http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... t-two.html

sbutler

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Neil, no worries about the "Oh Well" part 2. If I were any manor of guitar player, I should be able to figure it out on my own. Although, I do love to hear you touch the edge of it.

Glad your enjoying the sunshine. Send a little my way would ya?

and ps, I haven't even started getting tired of Fred and Kevin, so as long as their willing, so am I.

Scott

Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.

dtaylor

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks for the link Willem, shame I can't vote for it 30 times...

A lot of lessons lately have been very inspirational and fired me up again to learn new stuff, but I'd clear the decks for the Fleetwood Mac opus if it becomes a lesson.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic