>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 81 - Acoustic Guitar Abstract #6 with Neil

TGCheryle

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Acoustic Snapshots is now live with Neil.

Acoustic Guitar Abstract #6 December 20, 2011- This is a short variation on a popular Christmas song that developed as I was waiting for my student Kevin early one morning, planning to shoot a Fly On The Wall video with him. This was in the key of E, loosely followed a I-IV-V progression, and should be easy to identify.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... act-6.html

wrench

Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Let's just drop this "Acoustic Guitar Abstract" moniker and call it by its real name, "Masterpiece Theatre"? An abstract to Neil is an opus to anyone else.

gavind1

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Nice work. I would love to see a D version on this. Lower notes seems to work with my vocals.

sbutler

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 pm

So there is a thread going around these days about "whats on your bucket list"? I want to play like this guy. Heck, just half as good.

Scott

michelew

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 pm

sbutler wrote:
So there is a thread going around these days about "whats on your bucket list"? I want to play like this guy. Heck, just half as good.

Scott
Hey Scott, I hear there's a great guitar lessons site that you can sign up to where he gives away all of his secrets...all you have to do it soak in EVERYTHING he says (watch, listen, apply, repeat), learn every song, practice like a demon, study, study, study, play, play, play, get one of those fancy time shifting pedants so you can fit it all in and.... well it might take a while for him to describe all of his tricks too... but it sounds like a great start to get you on your way. Easy right?

Of course, you might also need to grow a mustache, cross your legs, wear shorts and lots of Hawaiian shirts, watch lots of baseball, ... Well there might be other ingredients in the secret recipe that haven't been revealed yet.

I think the site is call... "Totally .... " something. Totally something starting with a G I think. It will come to me.

B) ;) :)

Shel

sbutler

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:17 am

michelew wrote:
sbutler wrote:

Scott
Hey Scott, I hear there's a great guitar lessons site that you can sign up to where he gives away all of his secrets...all you have to do it soak in EVERYTHING he says (watch, listen, apply, repeat), learn every song, practice like a demon, study, study, study, play, play, play, get one of those fancy time shifting pedants so you can fit it all in and.... well it might take a while for him to describe all of his tricks too... but it sounds like a great start to get you on your way. Easy right?

Of course, you might also need to grow a mustache, cross your legs, wear shorts and lots of Hawaiian shirts, watch lots of baseball, ... Well there might be other ingredients in the secret recipe that haven't been revealed yet.

I think the site is call... "Totally .... " something. Totally something starting with a G I think. It will come to me.

B) ;) :)

Shel
TOTALLY Shel, I can do the mustache, no problem. I got one and half Hawaiian shirts, I'm wearing shorts right now. But damn, I'm missing the other secret ingredient.If I had just kept playing when I was 12, and never stopped. :(
Scott

michelew

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:30 am

You're not dead Scott, so there's hope yet. And they may just succeed with longevity treatment in our lifetimes.

... Oh, don't forget the bare feet, sandals or thongs rule. And that's thong's'.

tombo1230

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:14 am

Wow! This is man and machine in harmony. That was inspiring to say the least. B)

Tom N.

sbutler

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:25 pm

michelew wrote:
You're not dead Scott, so there's hope yet. And they may just succeed with longevity treatment in our lifetimes.

... Oh, don't forget the bare feet, sandals or thongs rule. And that's thong's'.

Now I didn't know that Neil wore a thong. How did you know? :laugh:

michelew

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 am

sbutler wrote:
michelew wrote:

Now I didn't know that Neil wore a thong. How did you know? :laugh:
Hey Scott,

Perhaps you need to get your eyes checked silly, his thong is right there in the top of this thread. He wears it proudly. It's very manly.

I'm guessing he has one of the other foot too. :P :silly: :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic