On the Beat - Episode 110 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up April 20th, 2012

TGCheryle

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here is you weekly video wrap up for this week......

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2012.html

Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

April 20, 2012

This week we reached way back to the formative days of Rock and Roll, along with a journey into the world of bands with brass sections, a bit. We had new Target lessons on Buddy Holly's signature hit Peggy Sue, Donovan's psychedelic classic Sunshine Superman (featuring a young Jimmy Page playing amateurish leads), and one of the few Chicago songs that makes a good solo acoustic song, Beginnings.

We also brought out three new Artist Packs featuring six lessons each by Buddy Holly, Donovan, and The Guess Who. These can be a very economical way to get access to a group of lessons by a favorite artist. Each is available for much less than the individual lesson price.

Our Target members also got a pair of Student Reviews featuring Pink Moon by Nick Drake and Day After Day by Badfinger. These have suggestions and comments that many students can apply to their own songs, not just those specific ones.

Our Fly On The Wall series had a couple additions as well. We sat in with Fred working on Beginnings and Jacon working on the Marcy Playground song Opium.

We also received the great news that he TG Banner World Tour is back on as the missing banner has been found! Thanks to all who made this possible.

Next week TotallyGuitars will be celebrating the 3rd anniversary of the Target Program. This means a few new features and pile of new stuff. More on that as it develops but a quick thank you to all who remember our first TG Live show, over 5 hours of fun and confusion from TG Central. You might want to take a look at the old videos and relive a bit of our past.

On to next week...

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

millponddave

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Wow, three years of TG. I sure am glad that I stumbled across this place. It's been a great ride so far. I am looking forward to many more years to come.

Dave

schm040

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:11 pm

OK Neil,

I think I know a couple of the mystery songs you played:

There were four:

1. Don't know the first one
2. Pinball Wizard?
3. You've Got a Friend?
4. Chord Solo / Lead Truckin'?

Help anyone?????

Let's not let Neil stump us....

Matt

BobR

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Three Years, It hardly seems possible. I have enjoyed it all and look forward to many more years to come.

Thanks TG :woohoo:

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:20 pm

schm040 wrote:

OK Neil,

I think I know a couple of the mystery songs you played:

There were four:

1. Don't know the first one
2. Pinball Wizard?
3. You've Got a Friend?
4. Chord Solo / Lead Truckin'?

Help anyone?????

Let's not let Neil stump us....

Matt
Matt, I think you got 2,3 and 4 right. No. 1 sounds like "John Barleycorn Must Die" (by the band "Traffic", 1970).

Pierre

takhak

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Lighthouse had that great sound like Chicago.

haoli25

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Yep, it's time for Matt Williams to "de-cloak" again. It would be nice to see his smiling face around here. :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for the last 3 years of the TARGET program. Sign me up for another 3 years. Any plans for an anniversary webinar in the near future?

Bill

willem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:33 am

3 years,,it remind me that I really played/practiced the guitar EVERYDAY gee that must made me a guitarist :laugh: well I learned A lot and I must give my thanks with whole of my heart...

I go not geussing wich songs are comming next week 'cos I think you gonna make it a fest,,well I do when it is my birthday or something like that and bless all my friends that will join..

Again THX...

sbutler

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 am

Only recognize a couple of the teasers, but I do know for sure, Neil, your gift is teaching the guitar. Harmonica, well that would be interesting but.....................................

As always, enjoyed the update.

ps, you don't ramble enough.
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic