>> Listening Post Introduction - Brand New Video Blog

TGMike

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Welcome to The Listening Post. We would like to introduce you to our friend and latest contributor Steve Rose. Steve and Neil go way back and share a love for early, underground bands. Some of these are long forgotten and others might still be part of the current music scene, although likely in some different configuration. These episodes will usually feature Steve giving us mini history lessons and listening recommendations. We start the series with a short conversation Neil and Steve had as this idea was evolving.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/thelisten ... roduction/

thereshopeyet

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:38 pm

This sounds like it'll be a great new blogg.
Hello Steve Rose.

:)

BobR

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi Steve,

Very interesting interview. Look forward to more.

suziko

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks, Steve and Neil! I found this interview both fascinating and informative. Surf Rock is something I knew almost nothing about. I had both Wiki and YouTube open while I listened to it, looking up these different songs and listening to clips of them. It was really fun to put some names to familiar tunes. I remember hearing "Rumble" for the first time (that I remember) in the documentary It Might Get Loud. One interesting tidbit from Wiki: apparently Link Wray is credited as having invented the power chord!

Looking forward to more eps!

Suzi

Chasplaya

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm

What a cool blog. Look forward to following this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic