On the Beat - Episode 111 - Weekly Guitar Video Thoughts On The Third Anniversary

tgjameela

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a special video to celebrate the third year anniversary of Totally Guitars.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/anniversary.html

Enjoy!

A message from Neil on the third anniversary of our Target Program. He talks a bit about the history of Totally Guitars, thanks some special people, and plays a bit.

pbraun

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:32 pm

And thanks for all you being here. I have never belonged to a site, until 3 years ago and I can't imagine a day going by now without visiting it. Thank You Neil, Matt and Team!
Pete

unclewalt

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Ooh. Very intriguing, that snippet of "Space Oddity" at the end there. I think I mentioned recently that I had figured out the chord solo for that one, but I saw some different chords in this. Sounds pretty much the same, but, not surprisingly, better than mine.

sbutler

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Well a BIG old ALASKA sized thanks to you all Neil. Mike, Cheryle, Matt, and the whole heehaw gang.

Not only are you a gifted teacher/guitar player, but you feel like a friend to most of us. That's a gift that not everyone is blessed with. Your passion really shows, and I can't thank you enough.

Not exactly sure what my start up date is, but I do know, that I have become somewhat of an intermediate guitar player since I found you, so the very thing that you love to do, is paying me/a lot of us, big dividends. So keep up the great work.

Scott

dtaylor

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:21 pm

The world's a better place for you being around, here's to many more years.

unclewalt

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Indeed, after playing for nearly 35 years, I went from low-intermediate (and very undisciplined at that) to low-advanced just in the three years I've been using this site. Being here represents less than 10 percent of my total playing experience, timewise, but probably about 40 or 50 percent at this point, learning-wise.

The site came along just as I was starting to really get serious, and it was perfectly suited to how I learn, and what I wanted to do. I never stopped playing in all that time, but I tended to get stuck on plateaus. I would make huge leaps ahead a couple of times every decade and then just stay there for years. I have made several such leaps just since being here.

MarkM

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Neil, Matt and the TG Team,

Congratulations on your 3rd year anniversary!!! Just a quick note of sincere thanks from me to all of you. I fondly remember that 5 hour live session 3 years ago. I was hooked right there and have been a happy TG member ever since. This site/community has certainly brought much happieness and enjoyment to my life. Although my guitar playing is fair at best, I wouldn't have even come close to the level I am without the care given in these lessons and the manner in which it is delivered. Here's to another 3 years and beyond!!! Once again thank you for all of your hard work.

MarkM

suziko

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 pm

What a great video, Neil!

A huge thanks from me for launching this site. When I joined the Target program in late summer of 2009 I was very much a beginner player. I remember putting up my first video of me strumming through the chord progression to Who'll Stop the Rain. I remember being happy that I sort of hit the Bm not too badly (on what was probably my 20th take!). Not quite 3 years later, I feel so happy and proud of the progress I've made, and TG has been a HUGE part of that. I love how Neil focuses on techniques that you can learn from one song and apply to other songs. Sure, I know a lot of songs now, but what I'm more happy about is that along the way I've learned really good technique that will help me to be an even better player in the future.

Like you mentioned in your video, music has brought a ton of joy into my life. I devote a lot of time to it and I also appreciate that I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people here at TG for whom music is a passion, too.

Once again, thanks, and here's to the next 3 years!!

Suzi

antgreenwood

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 pm

That was really a heartwarming video....and I have to say that it was so nice to hear about how TG was founded and the story/idea behind it, since I hadn't really heard it before.

A HUGE THANK YOU to you Neil, you are súch an inspiration to me...

And to all who made and make the site happen so that Neil is able do what he does best for people all around the world, I feel so very fortunate to be one of them.

CONGRATS TG and THANK YOU!!

Vanessa

tombo1230

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 pm

One word springs to mind 'quality'. Everything about this site, the people behind the scenes, the great lessons you produce at a breath taking rate each week Neil, the great community. For all I have improved since I joined up, I thank you very much for making this all possible through your hard work and dedication, thanks for a great site!

Long may it continue,

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic