On the Beat - Episode 111 - Weekly Guitar Video Thoughts On The Third Anniversary

tovo

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I can't really say how much this site has meant to me over nearly 3 years. Like any true friend it's been there during my worst episodes and my best, my periods of depression and my joyous moments. Whatever the sum of my guitar related achievements I owe them to TG and people I met here.

Congratulations on these first 3 years and the many more to come.

unclewalt

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 pm

I just looked at my billing history and was surprised to learn that I joined just a few weeks after launch. For some reason, I thought it had been several months. Seriously serendipitous timing, because I think the very day I joined was the first day I started hunting around the Web for good lessons sites. This one is still by far the best, from what I know.

schm040

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Congrats Neil and Matt and the entire TG Family.....

I have only one wish.........KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

beaker

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks Neil, You rock! I can't tell you how much more music I am making since joining TG! I have set so many goals and motored right through them and now I am just speeding along, trying to keep on playing and having fun. BTW.... my weekly jam session has busted out 82 different songs in the past 6 months! Things are going well to say the least. TG has been invaluable all the way along. Happy Anniversary!
BTW... I liked the space oddity ending. Bowie was my first concert back in 83' on the Let's Dance tour ( I was 12 years old!). I always love that music. Beaker.

dennisg

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:54 pm

2.5 years ago, I could never have predicted that this site would become such a big part of my life. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it and for delivering what has got to be one of the finest internet experiences available.

dennisg

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Yes, I agreee that you have made a difference in peoples lives. I have struggled with lessons and various other methods of learning guitar for 40 years. My life changed when I signed up with TG. Neil you can explain things with clarity like no other ... so congratultions on your success and your enjoyment of what you are doing. Few people get to to put those two things together. Thank You from Ontario Canada.

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Hard to believe that it has already been three years..... :)

I can't thank all of you at TG enough for the hard work and the great help and experience that you have provided to date. This is one of only two internet sites I belong to (the other being for astronomy). The mixture of Lessons from Neil, tech support and the forum with so many wonderful folks has been a true blessing. It has made the guitar a VERY important part of my life, and for that I am truly thankful. I am looking forward to the years to come with a big smile.... B)

MJ

skaladar

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Neil, Matt, the crew at TG and the fine folks in the TG community I want wish you all a Happy Third Anniversary and to sincerely thank you for changing my life for the better.

When I picked up the guitar again a year and a half ago after decades of having life get in the way of music I never dreamt I would be lucky enough to become a part of a place a great as TG.

Neil, your passion for music and bringing music into people’s lives is evident in the success of TG and the creation of such a wonderful place to be.

You thank a lot of people, and deservedly so, in your video but it’s you that deserves the thanks for making this all happen.
♫ Ken ♫ Image

thereshopeyet

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks

Happy 3rd Anniversary to all

TheresHopeYet

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 pm

With so much of the world seemingly falling apart at the seems, TG is an oasis of sanity glowing with so many good things. Great teaching, great songs, great projects, great folks getting together and sharing a love of music and guitar playing.
What a fabulous world you have created for us all Matt and Neil. What a great soul it has.

That was a very moving video Neil, and you have to know, your message is being heard loud and clear and long may it spread and grow! TG moves me and I will be forever grateful to you and Matt. Cue Julie Andrews singing My Favourite Things! :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic