On the Beat - Episode 111 - Weekly Guitar Video Thoughts On The Third Anniversary

millponddave

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:03 pm

I can only echo what everybody else has said. A HUGE thank you to everyone at TG that makes this magic happen. You all have made a giant difference in my musical journey. This place and all of the members feel like family. The first thing that I do when I get home from work is to flip on my computer and check in with TG. Thanks again, and keep up the great job that you do.

Dave

cosmicmechanic

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Here's a heartfelt thank-you back at ya, Neil, Matt and all the mouseketeers. This site is an oasis in the wilderness.

Also, when I think of TG, I'm often reminded of a simple comment that dennisg wrote way back when in a welcome to a new member in the "Introductions" thread. Somehow the phrase really stuck in my mind, it's the following:

"Welcome to the world of time management" ;)

Pierre

daryl

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I'd like to thank Neil and Matt for letting me (and my twin brother) be a part of of this wonderful thing. Thank you.

BobR

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Neil, Matt and and the whole TG team,

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy and look forward to this place we all call TG everyday. Not only has my guitar playing come a long way( I think), I have been fortunate enough to meet some incredible people along the way. Without this site that would never have been possible.

Thanks to all you guys and gals for making this such a great place.

Bob

willem

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:03 am

I can be short ''thank you so much everyone'',,it sounded a kinda cold but it aint ''cos it teared me up just has so many times before...

W.

AndyT

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:29 am

I have scads and hordes of sites that I try and keep up with and as impossible as it is, especially lately, TG is one of the few that I make sure and check as often as I can.

I have friends here that have supported me in times of crisis, and celebrated with me in times of plenty. That's rare in today's world. I have to say thanks to Neil for being the Teacher he is and inspiring Matt. Thanks to Matt for being the caffeinated ADD victim that was inspired to create TG. And a special thanks to Nani. My wife reminds me often how difficult it is to be married to a guitar, ummm... guitar Player... LOL

abiliog

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 am

Some days ago, I was listening music on the radio while I was driving the car, when another song started playing. Immediately a big smile was in my face.
I turn to my wife and said "I know how to play this song". You just can't imagine how cool I felt at that moment. TG is responsible for that.

Since I joined TG, two years and a half ago, there was only a couple of days that I missed a login at TG. Everybody knows what this means.
I just can't thank enough to Neil, Matt, to all the people working behind the scenes, to all the contributors who made this site an unbelivable place to be.
Congratulations for the 3rd anniversary. Many more will come.
Abilio

dekotaj

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 am

Neil,

BRAVO!!!!!!This site had become so much a part of my life,That I had to walk away.Hope that make scene.You and the other people on TG have made my last three years of playing guitar, so much FUN.YOU Sir, have giving all of us a place to come together and share the LOVE of music.Because of this site.I've experienced the love and passion of music like never before.People I've never met before,I now call friends.I will always call TG my home.I hope someday to look you in the eye and shake your hand,And say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.Till then.Thank you!!!And like the song said ( just can't wait to get back on TG again!!!!! )

Kevin

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Hope you haven't blown out the candles yet--

Just watched the video, and wanted to say 'Right back at you, Neil'!
Thank you for being our 'musical translator' (as you aptly put it), and enriching our lives.

And thank you Matt for having the vision in the first place.

I hope to meet you both in person one day. Almost happened with Matt a while back in Scottsdale...

Lavallee

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Somehow, I thought I had posted here (starting to get those moments :( ) I will echo in the same line as my guitarist friends above. It is has been a fantastic journey. I never thought I would be here this long. Most of the time , when you discover something interesting on the web, the excitement is pretty high but it fades away quickly because it does not keep up with the original promisses. At TG, it just does not stop.

I am glad to be part of this adventure Thanks Neil and Matt

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic