On the Beat - Episode 112 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up April 27th, 2012

TGCheryle

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here is you weekly video wrap up for this week......

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2012.html

Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

April 27, 2012

This week marked the third anniversary of our Target Program. We tried to honor the occasion and thank all our members by doubling, maybe tripling the normal additions. We had new lessons on Piano Man by Billy Joel, Cowgirl In The Sand By Neil Young, and Something In The Way She Moves by James Taylor. We also added chord solo breakdowns to a couple of our original set- Wish You Were Here and Madman Across The Water.

There were five new Student Reviews including songs by Neil Young, John Lennon, Peter Gabriel, and Lobo's memorable Me And You And A Dog Named Boo!

Jack van Breen checked in with a couple of vintage Gretsch guitars, the Country Gentleman and the Duo-Jet. He also gave us info on early lap steel guitars with a segment on my Kona Hawaiian guitar and a Fender Resonator, as well as a piece on fingerpicks and slides.

We also introduced the newest member of our TG family, Steve Rose, with a new blog called The Listening Post. This week Steve took us for a trip down memory lane to the early days of Peter Green and his band Fleetwood Mac. We hope to hear from Steve regularly now.

On Thursday we posted a video I made about the early days here at TG, going a bit into the history with how Matt and I came together and acted on his hair-brained idea to create an instructional site. We certainly did not imagine it would turn into the community and destination it has become for so many musicians. Thanks to all, whether you have been here since Day 1 or just found us recently.

Next week- back to life as usual, or as usual as it gets around here.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

willem

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Holes in the skills....oke,,

Later.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic