On the Beat - Episode 113 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up May 4th, 2012

TGMike

Sat May 05, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Everyone,

Here is your weekly wrap up!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2012.html

This week we covered many bases at TG. The Target Program added Daniel by Elton John, This Old Guitar by Neil Young, and a John Fahey piece in an altered tuning, Horses. The Fahey tune is from an album I highly recommend, After The Ball. Look for it!

Our Fly On The Wall series expanded with a Beginning Fingerpicking Lesson and Jackson Browne's These Days. I always need to thank my students who let the camera roll during their lessons.

We also added a couple new Student Reviews, one featuring an updated version of Fire And Rain by James Taylor, and the other tackling Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill.

As I played a bit through the News I ran into that common situation where I need to tell myself to not be so lazy and change the guitar strings before they sound like rubber bands. Two months is too long!

Until next week...

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

willem

Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Enjoy the new strings...

cosmicmechanic

Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Neil, your free-form playing is always a treat in these weekly wrap-ups. At 5min into it, you go into the tune "Horizons", by the original Genesis, or if you prefer, Steve Hackett.
A while back, a friend sat me in front of a YouTube video of Hackett playing this and expected me to play it on the spot.
When I mentioned that there were certain complexities to playing guitar, and specifically this tune, he allowed that within 2 or 3 weeks, it should be in the bag. :silly:

I'm sure willing to give "Horizons" a good try, with more realistic expectations. I vote yes !

Pierre

haoli25

Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks for the reminder, Neil. I am off to change my strings too.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic