Something to think about when buying a new guitar? - the case against fancy smancy and unique.

BigBear

Tue May 22, 2012 1:27 am

Michele- I love my Larrivee L-10 and have found Larrivee to be just great to work with. Have you tried to get them to help you? I can't imagine they wouldn't have some suitable tuners available or know where you could get replacements for yours.

Keep trying! I know you'll have it fixed soon. :cheer:

michelew

Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 am

Chris - that sucks. Maybe you could get nicer ones ones put on now. Would the gift-er be able to tell?

Bear - thanks for the info and encouragement. It seems I will get to find out first hand how helpful Larrivee is. I've just been told by the store 'Sydney Guitar Setups' that the tuners are on, ... but ... "they're ugly". They asked me what I wanted to do and have told me that I don't need to pay for the tuners if I'd rather they install a new set.

So I'm going to write to Larrivee after all - tonight - and see if they can help me. Yes I really should have gone down that track first. Hindsight...

It's another lesson for me.

I guess I'll be playing my classical more. :)

Shel

dennisg

Wed May 23, 2012 8:46 am

Shel,

I'm really sorry you have to go through this. Maybe the store will let you keep the ugly tuners on the guitar while you wait for the new ones from Larrivee.

michelew

Thu May 24, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks Den. I'm hoping that this story will have a happy ending very soon. I'll keep you posted.

Shel

michelew

Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 am

Good news! The shop came through for me in a major way. The guy I was dealing with was 'bitching' to a sales rep for a well known high end guitar company about the difficulty of finding tuners that suit my Larrivee. The rep as it happens had a set which is 'just right'. They appear to be pretty darn close, except for the Larrivee branding.

So I now have my Larrivee back, in working condition AND looking like itself. Yeh!!!!!

SO...the moral to this story? ...???...??? ... Ahhhh.... Don't go dancing in the dark with a pretty guitar at midnight unless you know someone, who knows someone, who knows a fella who sells fancy guitar parts. Or... make sure you live down the road from the factory first.

All's well that ends well and I love a happy ending, especially when it's close to home. I especially love a Goldilocks ending.... ahhhh.... I might need to ponder that one, I might just wake up to find angry bears watching me sleep or that someone has been making themselves at home with my stuff. ;)

Music Junkie

Thu May 24, 2012 8:57 am

Glad it all worked out Michele. The guitar looks great! I'll bet it feels wonderful to have it back. Funny how an instrument can become such an important part of life... B)

J

michelew

Thu May 24, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks Jason. Indeed it is.

tovo

Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Well I'm thrilled about this. I was feeling awful for you not having your favourite to pick up. Alls well that ends well eh? Great news.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic