>> Music Gear Reviews - Episode 38 - Guild Guitars Part 1

tgjameela

Thu May 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here is a brand new Music Gear Review video.....

Jack van Breen from Guitar Showcase talks about Guild Guitars. They have been around for 50 years but have not gotten the respect they deserve. Jacks starts off with a Guild Avalon. Built in the Fender Custom Shop (who now own Guild) under the guidance of Bob Benedetto who worked with Fender at the time especially for the Catalina Island Blues Festival. Made of Solid AAA Flame Koa with a special inlay of the Avalon Ballroom on the Headstock and Special Fret Board Inlays. This is the only one we’ve ever seen and was purchased at the 2000 NAMM Show and never sold.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/musicgear ... art-1.html

familyman4

Thu May 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Thank you for the quick Guild / Fender review! I have 3 Guild guitars and really love 2 of them. Both of those are the original Guild company, made in R.I. One is an F65CE acoustic electric thin body and the other is a 1976 Starfire IV. Anyway, The 3rd is the Guild/fender model that just doesn't do it for me. (This is one I loan out a lot.)I had a strong feeling that when this company was purchased by Fender, that was the end of their high quality instruments. It is nice to hear your opinion that they are coming back with high quality instruments! I will have to take a look at their offering again.

Bart

familyman4

Thu May 31, 2012 5:26 pm

BTW, I love the looks of that all KOA Guild you are playing...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic