On the Beat - Episode 127 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up August 10th, 2012

tgjameela

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2012.html

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tot ... d519276594

This week I am having trouble pulling myself away from the Olympics, which could translate into a shortage of new stuff over the next few weeks, hopefully not. Our releases for our Target members consisted of lessons on Ten Thousand Words by The Avett Brothers and Ballad Of A Thin Man by Bob Dylan, as well as a couple of Fly On The Wall videos going into The Music Never Stopped with Beaker and Pentatonic Scales with Fred. Most students can’t get enough Pentatonic discussions as each one usually adds or clarifies info. We also had a couple of Student Reviews, looking at From The Beginning and Tears In Heaven.

A few recent questions were interesting and I had a chance to talk a bit about expanding on Pentatonics and where to go next with lead playing, and I offered a few thoughts on playing with fingernails versus fingertips.

….back to today’s BBC programming…

Neil

willem

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi,,what a great wrap up,,answers to some threads,,,I must tell something a bout the graphic/chart I put up,,I found the guitar/neck on the internet but put the colored boxes by my own for showing if I did understood the patterns cq numbering of the patterns, in the chart I made a mistake with the numbers but I know now how to number them,,,,

thats all,,,,cheers

its gonna be a sunny next week and I have holiday,,,,,,so I try to enjoy that.....don't know if I can get away from this site,,,well I must give it a break 'cos its holiday..

Willem

dtaylor

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks for putting the GP File up for The Fisherman, it adds a lot to the overall effect I think.
Now I just have to unlearn the alternating bass version... :)

Dean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic