On the Beat - Episode 131 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up September 7th, 2012

tgjameela

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

September 7, 2012

This week TG is happy to announce our first (annual?) end of summer sale on all individual purchases. Al lessons and packages are available until Monday Sep 10 for half price. Details in the News.

Our new releases for Target members this week included a couple of classics- I Walk The Line by Johnny Cash and More Than A Feeling by Boston. Both of these lessons have been on our Recommend A Lesson list for quite a while.

We also had a very special Fly On The Wall video featuring TG member Tom Varga, who made a trip out here to visit relatives and managed to squeeze in a short trip to TG Central. We went over his latest project, Mood For A Day.

Student Reviews came out this week looking at Stairway To Heaven and muting techniques in While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

And of course, on a sad note, we lost an important member of the TG world last week when cancer took MattB from us. Thanks to all for the sincere wishes for his family and friends. Reflecting on his life and challenges inspired me to sit down with the guitar and try to channel some feelings. One of the results turned into a piece somewhat improvised around Ghost Riders In The Sky. We shared this with you this week as Abstract #8. Everyone who met this phenomenal man, even those who only knew him through the marvels of technology, came away inspired and motivated, and probably somewhat enlightened. We can all carry his spirit with us.

Neil

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2012.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

dtaylor

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Looking forward to the surprises, sounds very interesting as usual, you could make one member very very happy (W)
Dean

willem

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:57 am

would I open TG everyday with my eyes wide open and say '''what a suprise'' ..Long time ago I bought your tab and thought I could manege but no,,I really need a breakdown I geuss,,,and hoping,,

have a nice weekend

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic