On the Beat - Episode 138 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up October 26th, 2012

tgjameela

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2012.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week there were some great questions brought up by our Target members on the Forum, some great answers as well. In today’s update I quickly went over our new content, Secret Agent Man by Johnny Rivers, Home by American Idol winner Phillip Phillips, a Secret Agent Fly On The Wall with Fred, and A Fly video with Kevin that started out on I’m Yours by Jason Mraz but evolved into a system of recognizing chord relationships on the fretboard.

This also tied into a discussion about the Circle Of Fifths which I tried to comment on but I probably need to make a more structured lesson or series about this and how everything is related. I’m sure it is no more complicated than the Theory Of Relativity, which everybody is all over, right?

I also mentioned some of my recommended warm-up exercises and approach to modifying them as necessary. All in all this will probably prompt more, rather than less confusion. Maybe it will become a regular feature of the Weekly Wrap!

See you next week,

Neil

haoli25

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Very nice arrangement of "Summer Rain", Neil. I'm stealing that one!

Bill

willem

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Yeah,yeah a lot of blues thats funny,,,thanks for jumping too on the Circle of live..oh sorry the Circle of fifths,,never had a study on that and wow in a few day's I learned a lot..

cheers

Willem

michelew

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Neil,

Thanks so much for your answers to the exercises and the circle of fifths questions. I found it really interesting and I'll definitely be incorporating the barre chord exercises into my routine. I'll take another look at the flat picking songs and the Guiliani exercises as well (thanks Wiley).

Cool songs you started getting into at the end.

Great news wrap up. The news is becoming more and more valuable to me.

I love your work Neil.

Michele

thereshopeyet

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:52 pm

What a great week......
That was a great news.

Gosh, thanks for all the tips Neil.

Dermot

unclewalt

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:56 pm

(Since you're in a fingerpicking blues mood, another plea for "I Am The Light of this World.")

TGNeil

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:18 pm

unclewalt wrote:
(Since you're in a fingerpicking blues mood, another plea for "I Am The Light of this World.")
Definitely getting closer, but still a few others ahead of it on the list... Blake and Jorma possibly...

Neil

tacticaltal

Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:07 am

YAY, MY first Friday wrapup, and one of my questions were answered on Exercises; thank you Neil :woohoo:

Vanessa Your video guidance was approved, and appreciated :side: Thanks, Ness.

unclewalt

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:48 pm

TGNeil wrote:
unclewalt wrote:
Definitely getting closer, but still a few others ahead of it on the list... Blake and Jorma possibly...

Neil
Great! On all counts.

thereshopeyet

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks All

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic