>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 83 Acoustic Guitar Inkblot #1

tgjameela

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Acoustic Snapshot is now live with Neil.

A few days ago I was bitten by the composing bug and dropped everything for a day and a half to write a new tune. I had a couple of images in mind but thought I would share this with the TG Community and ask for impressions as to what this piece makes you picture or think about. Part of this is also in the interest of finding the right title for the tune. Feedback on impressions and possible titles will be greatly appreciated and considered.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... lot-1.html

AndyT

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 pm

"Pinwheel" comes to mind.

haoli25

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Well, I had to watch it a couple of times just to get over the great guitar work. The last time I listened to it, with my eyes closed I liked the 'airy' feel to the song and the great 'motion' it conveys, that immediately brought to mind sailing. BRAVO, Neil.

Bill Image

tacticaltal

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:09 pm

I hear the dawning of Spring. It's sort of a mellow song. Don't know about a title yet.

sbutler

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Neil, I was instantly taken to a stand of Quaking Aspens, in the fall, in the mountains of Colorado. Yellow and Gold leaves, on a crystal clear day, twisting in the bright cool breeze.

Cool and Breezy is what it is for me.

Great Job Neil.

Scott

RicksPick

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Took me on a train ride on a warm sunny summer day looking out of the window at the joy of nature,
passing stations along the way.

RicksPick

wrench

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

I detect some inspiration by Spanky and Our Gang's Lazy Day from the '60's, and I concur with the other responders outdoorsy and seasonal themes.

Outdoors Holiday.

BobR

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 pm

"As the Years Go By" I am reminded of a snapshot collage video of my parents I had done.

Craig

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm driving in a car on a beautiful day on a road with incredible scenery. Kind of upcountry Maui-ish.

Craig

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 am

sbutler wrote:
Neil, I was instantly taken to a stand of Quaking Aspens, in the fall, in the mountains of Colorado. Yellow and Gold leaves, on a crystal clear day, twisting in the bright cool breeze.

Cool and Breezy is what it is for me.

Great Job Neil.

Scott
The spirit of the mountains is what I feel as well. For me this would be the perfect type of tune to listen to at sunrise heading up Hwy 395 (California, USA) just as you get in sight of the High Sierras. The sun lighting up the snow capped peaks with the open road in front of you and the smell of high desert sage and pine trees.......I see the golds and purples of the morning sky.... B)

Neil: When you compose, do you do so in standard tuning most of the time? I am always amazed at people that can feel a piece and put life to it. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic