On the Beat - Episode 146 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up December 21st, 2012

tgjameela

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2012.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Merry Solstice to everyone. Today's News started with a long lost (almost) tune of mine called Winter Lights, a piece written in about 1985 under a twinkling Christmas tree. This reminded me of the first album I made, A Christmas Collection. Last Friday the scene slightly replayed itself and I started a couple of new tunes, one of which became Inkblot #1. I want to thank everybody who took the time to listen to it and offer feedback. Maybe this will become a more regular feature going into next year.

The new releases this week included our Fly On The Wall with Target member Lynn from Virginia, another with Fred working on Wicked Game by Chris Isaak, a review of Bach's Prelude In D Minor, and a lesson on River by Joni Mitchell. I had been meaning to get this out earlier but I kept wanting to add more stuff to it. I decided to stick with a guitar arrangement of Joni's piano part and a look at the way Sarah McLachlan did it. Maybe another time we will visit some additional arrangements.

The rest of the News consisted of breaking out a couple of 'import' Beatles albums and a chat about an unusual coincidence of hearing about the movie Searching For Sugar Man. I will be checking it out soon.

This wrap's up the year for all of us at TG as we will be taking a break until January, at least as far as new material goes. I hope everybody has enough to keep busy with the multitude of lessons we currently have.

Happy Holidays to all from all of us here at TG and thanks for your support and participation!

Neil

daryl

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Neil, I'm TotallyImpressed! You actually have the WBCN Get Back Acetate CD. And BTW collecting Beatles bootlegs and studio outtakes is NOT a bad habit. There are some wondrous nuggets to find. Enjoy the hunt! And thank you again for letting me be part of TG.

willem

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Happy Holidays to everybody,,I will go slow on the food even when its delicious..I always slow down with thoose days and can't wait Till the start of a new year and try to make it a better one than it was,with everything!!!

Willem

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Thanks.

millponddave

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Neil,

Merry Christmas. I hope that you have a great holiday. Thanks for all you do to help all of us out here on our musical journeys. I'm looking forward to what the new year brings from TG.

Dave

tacticaltal

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Merry Christmas, Neil, and all TGers.

~terry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic