Guitar Pro Site Warning

tacticaltal

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Hey guys, McAfee Site Advisor warns me against opening this site (see attached file)

~terry Image

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Did you go to the GPro-site itself?? Did you use the link on thís site, I mean TG?

tacticaltal

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Did you go to the GPro-site itself?? Did you use the link on thís site, I mean TG?
Yes

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Well I often get those warnings, but if you trust the site you want to download from, it should be fine. And I think most of us have......well we're still here! :P

tacticaltal wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Yes

Lavallee

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Terry, I also have McAfee and they like to point out the useless stuff to give you the impression you are protected and miss the important stuff. Not impress by this protection software.

Marc

tombo1230

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Terry, I also have McAfee and they like to point out the useless stuff to give you the impression you are protected and miss the important stuff. Not impress by this protection software.

Marc
Personally, I wouldn't have McAfee on my computer. I don't rate it. There are better free software options available.

Tom N.

tovo

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:59 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
Personally, I wouldn't have McAfee on my computer. I don't rate it. There are better free software options available.

Tom N.
Ooooh, ooooh I want to join in the McAfee bagging action as well! :) Seriously, this 'protection" software takes up a MASSIVE amount of space on your hard drive and is sub-standard. The example you have posted Terry highlights my point. There is nothing dangerous about the site they are warning you about. I'd seriously think about a change and agree with Tom. There are much better options at the best price - free.

Lavallee

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 pm

I have tried some free stuff like Avast and AVG, they are OK. Will not renew McAfee as I thought it would be better, but it is not the case and I am glad not be alone on this. I think the best antivirus is to have good surfing practice. Since I rarely get a warning that it catches something I must be doing alright. Any suggestion for other free antivirus?

Marc

tombo1230

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Lavallee wrote:
I have tried some free stuff like Avast and AVG, they are OK. Will not renew McAfee as I thought it would be better, but it is not the case and I am glad not be alone on this. I think the best antivirus is to have good surfing practice. Since I rarely get a warning that it catches something I must be doing alright. Any suggestion for other free antivirus?

Marc

I was using AVG for the last year, the free version and it was working fine. I am trying out Avast at the moment. I installed the free version and I've taken up their offer to try the paying version free for 30 days, then I will probably go back to Avast the free version again.

Tom N.

Lavallee

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Thank you Tom

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic