On the Beat - Episode 149 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up January 18th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2013.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today's News included the usual cornucopia of miscellaneous playing and rambling.
As I recall there were tidbits of songs by Leo, John, and maybe even The Rolling Stones.
The rundown of new releases include The Lumineers, Stephen Stills, reviews of Blackbird and
The Fisherman, as well as a Fly On The Wall Lesson with Sandy reviewing theory, after
starting with Oh Susannah. This led me into a discussion on chord solos started with a thread
on the Forum, which reminded me of this week's live lesson with her where we worked on Here,
There, and Everywhere. I think I recorded that one and will share it with you soon.

I also want everybody to know about an app from our friends at SongSurgeon. It is a Riff
Practice app for iPod/iPhone and Android systems. You can see a brief video of it here:
www.guitarRx.com

As usual, anybody who can identify all the snippets I played today will be recognized as an
expert on musical minutia.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

sbutler

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks for the tips Neil. And oh, its ok to ramble with the guitar. Most of the songs that Imagine working on my own chord solos, are songs that are indelibly etched in my brain and hearing the melody, or picking it out, can usually happen. I get hung up on the timing of going from those notes to chords and finding different voiceings of chords that allows me to access more melody notes. And that is the main thing I took away from your Hallelujah lesson (behind the scene) segment.

As always, I'll keep working on it and as always, I'll keep enjoying your weekly updates. Still hoping for a time I can come down for another personal lesson. Although hearing about the dangers of traveling with my guitar isn't a pleasing thought. :)

Scott

willem

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi,I cary'd away with you..lol..great...I work on making a chord/solo from a song but not by my own 'cos its written in a book ''popsongs for classical guiter'' and written in standard notation so I have to figure out were the fingers go on the fretboard,,I use also Gpro for it but that gives me not always the right position on the fretboard..very curious were it will go..

cheers

Willem

unclewalt

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 pm

"Matty Groves" I got right away. "That's the Way I Always Heard it Should Be" took a few minutes. I think there was one more that I didn't recognize.

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Neil,
Thanks for the chord solo stuff this week.

I loved The Lumineers, Stephen Stills and Sandy's FOTW lessons too.

Great

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic