On the Beat - Episode 152 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up February 8th, 2013

TGNeil

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 am

From the Mothership...

Matt and I would love for TG Central to be the next (last?) stop for the never ending banner tour. I know Marc L had a lot to do with the original itinerary but if it has run its course let us take over as we have a few plans that could use an assist from the Banner.

Thanks,

Neil

P. S. I never thought this day would happen in our lifetimes, and it still may not.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:18 am

That was a great wrap, really enjoyed it! Very nostalgic. Two buddies bouncing off each other like the Marx Bros.
I agree with Walt, we're in for some Tracy Chapman ;-) and Fast Car must be for Matt!
Did Neil mention Billy Cobham? He used to play squash here in Zürich and my mate used to coach him... Said his movement on court was like his drumming!
Ive done that drive down the coast from Hearst Castle too Matt ... Many moons ago!
Best wrap yet.

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:43 am

Neil and Matt

Great weekly news.

Thanks for the heads up on Capo.

Dermot

skaladar

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 am

What a pleasant surprise with this weeks' wrap-up. It was great to see Matt participating.

Good news about the TG "not-camp project" being pushed back to September and a little more detail about what’s in store.

I also think it would be wonderful for the banner to touch home base, so to speak, even if it does go on the road again to get to anyone who may have not had a chance to contribute.
In a way it would be sort of sad to see the banner's journey come to an end. It's been so much fun watching it travel to meet different people and see different places.

I loved the almost-outro of KC's Epitaph near the end. I nearly fell of my chair when it was first put up as a lesson but even with the chord variation in the lesson I found it a little, erm ... basic.
I'd love to see a chord solo added to the lesson as so aptly demonstrated here but in the meantime I guess I'll have to bookmark this edition of the wrap to see if I can work it out.

Great wrap-up guys ... thanks

♫ Ken ♫

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Ken Wrote:
I loved the almost-outro of KC's Epitaph near the end.

I'd love to see a chord solo added to the lesson as so aptly demonstrated here ..............
Ken, thanks for naming the song..... a solo would be great.
Thanks
Dermot

haoli25

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:28 am

That was fun. Good to see your smiling face back on TG, Matt. Stay thirsty my friend.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic