new guitar

jimi40

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 pm

I've been shopping for a new acoustic electric cutaway guitar for a couple of months. I 've been to guitar center and Sam Ash 3 or 4 times and my price range is $500-$600. I have narrowed my choices down to The Seagull Entourage rustic and the Breedlove passport. I had previously purchased the Epiphone Masterbilt but returned it within my 30 days. Can't put my finger on it but something about that guitar didn't feel right although the sound was very good. Thoughts on either of these guitars? Thanks

auntlynnie

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm

I have a Breedlove 12 String cut away (sorry, I don't know the model number), but I love it. I've had it for about four years and it has held up just fine. Not a single problem. It is an acoustic/electric. i don't use the electric so much, but it seems to still be working fine. I would recommend Breedlove as a very good guitar in your price range.
Can't think of what else to say about it...it sounds great. Action is still fine with no adjustments needed. I live in Virginia, so our weather runs from very damp in the summer and quite dry in the winter, so it is not an easy climate for a guitar. Tll me if you have any questions about the guitar.
Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:34 am

You get a good deal with a Seagull guitar in this price range, that's for sure, bought my daughter a C6 to start off with and it was a good buy and I like to play it. Here's the one you are looking at. Seems pretty good to me:
Chris

wiley

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

jimi40

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 pm

So I went with the Seagull. I was able to get a new Seagull entourage rustic with a very slight scratch in the top for $310 and I couldn't pass it up. I am aware of the wider, 1.8 , nut width on most Seagulls and I don't like playing them. The Entourage line as well as the Coastline slim are the only Seagull models with a more narrow nut (1.72). Thanks for everyones comments

auntlynnie

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Congratulations!
How about a photo? or better yet, a little video so we can hear it?
Enjoy! There's nothing like getting a new guitar!
Cheers,
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic