On the Beat - Episode 156 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up March 8th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2013.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today’s News is a bit less structured and focused than usual, although I’m sure some would say that is not possible. I may have mentioned that I was traveling to watch the baby of the Hogan family play softball here and not sure the weekly update was going to happen at all. That judgement will have to be made in the eye of the viewer. In any case, I managed to grab a few minutes in a park near downtown and play for a few minutes, as well as ramble on as usual.

I hope everybody had a chance to check out the lesson on From A Window Seat by Dawes. This was a tune that stumbled across my path by accident and I have really been enjoying their albums lately. We also took a look at Tracy Chapman’s Talkin’ ‘Bout A Revolution, dropped in part 3 of Sandy’s exploration of Here, There & Everywhere, eavesdropped on Ed and I looking through Norah Jones‘ catalog of duets, and put out some comments on Buddy’s great version of Ghost Riders In The Sky.

Unfortunately, I have spent much of the week pinning down special guests for our Autumn Equinox Event, and can’t divulge much except that our greatest hopes for cool guests has been met, and exceeded. Hopefully an official announcement will follow soon. Until next week…

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

Hydroman52

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Bassman Jerry and I have been checking out Dawes for a while now. Looks like we even did a busking thread of one of their earlier songs:

Early Dawes on TG

The song we posted is still in our set list. They have a creative writing style that is influenced by The Band.

Hydroman52

sbutler

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:27 pm

I knew you couldn't stay away. Glad your having fun Neil. Nice little park you found. I do have a question though. What type of case do you use to take the old "claxton" on your trips?

I've heard so many horror story's about traveling with guitars, its got me spooked to try. In fact, I should start a survey. :)
Scott

dtaylor

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 pm

FOTW with Cindy sometime?

TGNeil

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi Scott,

When I travel with the guitar I take it in a Calton case with a padded bag from the Colorado Case Company. I will try to remember to break them out for next week's News. I have also taken it on board in a gig bag and loaded it in the overhead bin but I am almost more comfortable with the 'out of sight out of mind' mentality as I worried more about jostling in the overhead than down below. I also have to look at guitars as tools of the trade and not family heirlooms or I would be dabbling with blood pressure readings that my doc would not be happy with.

On a side note, this trip has been with United and they did a great job on the way out, although I am scrambling for a flight now to get home as weather in Denver has canceled my original return trip. I will recap this story next week on the News.

Neil

familyman4

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Very fun to watch you on the right side of the country. (As opposed to the left side where you usually reside)

Can't wait to hear more about the TG camp / retreat / whatever we're calling it now :)

Thanks....
Bart

sbutler

Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 am

I'm really looking forward to a follow up. Let me know if you want me to fly down and get ya :lol:

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:06 am

Neil

Enjoy the softball

Dermot

tombo1230

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 am

TGNeil wrote:
Hi Scott,

When I travel with the guitar I take it in a Calton case with a padded bag from the Colorado Case Company. I will try to remember to break them out for next week's News. I have also taken it on board in a gig bag and loaded it in the overhead bin but I am almost more comfortable with the 'out of sight out of mind' mentality as I worried more about jostling in the overhead than down below. I also have to look at guitars as tools of the trade and not family heirlooms or I would be dabbling with blood pressure readings that my doc would not be happy with.

On a side note, this trip has been with United and they did a great job on the way out, although I am scrambling for a flight now to get home as weather in Denver has canceled my original return trip. I will recap this story next week on the News.

Neil
I don't wish to alarm you Neil but..............................

http://www.jest.com/video/1548/united-breaks-guitars

What can I say? :) You have been warned! :laugh:

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic