On the Beat - Episode 157 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up March 15th, 2013

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Michelle

What a great post.

Thanks for sharing Vanessa Amazing Bass playing.

Dermot

:)

michelew

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:36 am

Oh gosh, I have forgotten about that one, haha! :S :ohmy: :laugh: I look.......uh...... well not how I look now. :lol:

Alright, I obviously know at least a few bassriffs! :P

Thanks Shel! :kiss:

Thanks Dermot! :)

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Haha! Thanks Shel, that must have been it! ;)

michelew wrote:
I suspect it was a classic case of your brain being preoccupied by the thought "Need more coooofffee, need more cooffee, coffee!"

Recent studies have shown that you've got to pay the coffee monster (the earlier it is the more you pay) before the synoptic pathways to your internal songbooks are available. Apparently the bigger the song book, the more coffee you need to lift the cover on the crazy thing. :) :) :) That's what I've heard anyway.
I'm sure of it and I have proof of how your song recall powers work.

Anyone who needs some more bass line inspiration will find it here. It's Vanessa in rapid bass line recall mode, while demonstrating her acoustic bass to me. She made it look like so much fun that i had to go and get myself an acoustic bass too. It's very cool.

nesh16041972 wrote:
Alright Shel, the sound of my acoustic bassguitar, am curious what you think! :)

beaker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Neil, Yes, an ear training lesson on Box of Rain would be cool. I already have played that one in the past, but I am sure still learn something from it. Beaker.

beaker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 pm

And thinking of songs that are driven by their bass lines.... what comes to mind for me is How Many More Times by the mighty Led Zeppelin! Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic