On the Beat - Episode 158 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up March 22nd, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2013.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week's News got even more scattered than usual for a couple reasons. One being that Matt and I are scrambling almost 24/7 to finalize details for the inaugural International Guitar Camp presented by TotallyGuitars (a new mouthful that should roll easily off the tongue soon), and another being that I am spending a lot of time, maybe too much, playing a bunch of obscure classical pieces and a few of my own dinosaurs. Many of which found their way into today's News. Throw in a battery failure and a little soy sauce, and you will see what I mean.

The big News this week is that we will have the guest line up and organizational details for the IGC (much easier, no?) out in just a few days. The general happenings that I touched on included the week's releases, a little more background on our new FOTW volunteer MattF, and some ramblings about items in the Forum.

I particularly liked the threads about answering machine messages and the banner saga, as it continues its journey.

The new lessons this week included Jackson Browne - Song For Adam, Dawes- When My Time Comes, a Student Review of Billie's Blues, Fly lessons on MattF's first stab at Wild Horses and Kevin's continuing quest to have a bunch of songs ready for an upcoming camping trip with his guitar playing buddies, and even a look at his new guitar, a Martin GPCPA-4.

I played bits and pieces of a bunch of songs. To the best of my recollection there were 4 Venezeulan Waltzes by Antonio Lauro, an Etude by Villa-Lobos, and a few mystery songs and noodlings.

I hope you enjoy the randomnimity and I'll be back next week, if they let this nonsense continue!

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

willem

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Wish all a fine weekend,,with a lot of guitarplaying!!!!

unclewalt

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm

I just started watching, but I must know what that first piece was that you played. At first I thought Kurt Weill, but then it dawned on me that it sounded a bit like this number by a Weill admirer:

unclewalt

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Oh! Never mind, you answered it in short order. I jumped the gun. Still, I hear a fairly strong similarity there, but maybe I'm alone.

sbutler

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:33 am

OH My, I just heard a song by Pat Simmons. Hmmmmmm, Neil and Pat both had the same guitar teacher back in the day, and Neil's rendition of the Ivory Salamander along with a tease about an up coming interview has me wondering about a Doobie Bro.

hmmmmm,

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic