On the Beat - Episode 162 - Weekly Guitar video news wrap up March 29th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... -2013.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week we rolled out the info for our Inaugural International Guitar Camp and by the time I started today’s News we had a handful of people jumping on it! I’m glad to see folks are as excited about it as we are. I went over a bunch of unrelated tangents today (for a change!…) but managed to address a few questions and comments floating through the Forum as well. This included Camp info on guitars, travel and suggested airports, and a Banner update where I think it is time to issue Last Call for anybody wanting to sign it before it heads here to TG Central.

Speaking of TG Central, I managed to cut in a couple minute tour of the TG Cabin and surrounding area as requested on the Forum. Unfortunately our mascot, Potsticker was nowhere to be found. He usually spends the morning napping in the main office.

The new content for this week included Student Reviews on Cat Stevens’ Miles From Nowhere and George Harrison’s Here Comes The Sun, as well as a new addition to Steve’s Listening Post highlighting Lucinda Williams. A couple of other projects are turning into mini-series of sorts. We had Jim Page of The Ivory Salamander fame drop by for a lengthy conversation that will be parsed out over the next few weeks, and we eavesdropped on MattF’s progress in his mission to surprise his wife with a performance of Wild Horses. I hope everybody is enjoying our excursion into reality TV.

There was also the usual smattering of random playing. I seem to recall John Renbourn, Bach, and a couple originals. As usual, I hope everybody enjoys the update.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Neil

Thanks for the TG Cabin tour, great question Hydro!
Just loved the playing tonight.

Have a great camp in September Neil, Mat and everyone that manages.

Jealous.... yes of course!

:laugh: :laugh:

Hydroman52

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 am

Hey Neil,

Thanks for granting my request for the tour. Honestly, I thought the cabin was larger than it is. I admire the efficient use of space. It reminds me of a story about a friend of mine who did a lot of wood working. Some of his projects required the cutting of long boards on his table saw. When I finally got the tour of his shop, I was puzzled to see the saw bolted down crosswise in the narrow end the building. It was obvious that he wasn't cutting the boards of the length he needed in that shop, because there just wasn't enough room . . . . . . . until he pointed out the slots that he had cut through the outside of the building that allowed him to feed them completely through the building making it possible to cut boards of nearly unlimited length. I have since learned that this isn't an uncommon practice with woodworkers, but, at the time, it was a totally foreign concept to me.

Good to see the information on the guitar camp, too.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic