On the Beat - Episode 170 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 19th, 2013

smoky

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 19th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

In the interest of keeping the TG News a little shorter I stayed mostly to the recent releases this week. Although there were a few excursions into thoughts about Jim Page and our buddy MattF and his adventure. There were also bits and pieces of some easy classical stuff, starting with a piece by Mauro Giuliani. I keep promising to get on the reading music and classical lessons and I figured if I mentioned it today I would have to follow through, finally and hopefully next week.

The new stuff this week featured another Dawes tune, Time Spent In Los Angeles and a look at our own MarkM’s Open G Noodle. I hope this encourages some other folks to explore these types of compositions.

I was also glad to see our Listening Post guy Steve add an update to his article on The Mermen. These guys are really cool and fun to listen to.

Our Jim Page story continued with us talking about the early record business, particularly with regard to hard to find collector’s items, as well as a bit on my first teacher, Bill Munday. I seem to remember having an article Bill wrote around here on how easy it can be to learn to play by ear. Remind me to track that down someday.

I do have to travel one more time next week and if I can get to the News it will be from the wet and rainy side of The Big Island where I am helping my daughter present a project to her college class. Hopefully a full and fun report will come along.

Till then-

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks for the weeks lessons and FOTW's !
Have a great weekend Neil.

Click To Enlarge:

:)

kelemenj

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey Neil,
I'm gonna guess that the name you were searching for was Giuliani.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic