On the Beat - Episode 173 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 26th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 26th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

I wasn’t sure I would have a chance to get to the TG News this week as it was going to have to be an ‘On The Road’ version but at the last minute a great opportunity jumped up and I had to go with it.

I am in Hilo, on the Big Island of Hawai’i today, on a mission to perform my song Papa’s Guitar with my daughter Rebecca as a project she was doing for her class Sports And Spirituality. It revolved around how important family and hula are to her. As part of this I visited with my friend Kaliko Beamer-Trapp who teaches Hawaiian Language at the University of Hawaii-Hilo. He mentioned that he and his wife had just taken over the lease on a restaurant called Coconut Willy’s and we should drop in for breakfast Friday. We did, and not far behind us was a guy with a guitar who started playing some open-tuned instrumentals. I spoke with him for a minute as we left and decided I had to go back with camera and guitar, and shoot the News, hoping to get Kaliko and the guitar player involved.

I hope you can pardon the noise but we had a fun time chatting and I think I got to a few of the topics I meant to cover. If not, the items were the new releases for the week, starting with Burnin’ For You by Blue Oyster Cult and ending with the beginning parts to the Guide To Reading Music. I’m glad to see some of you are enjoying that. We also had a couple of songs from Jim Page- Chris Ramey and Meinong. As our visit winds down we play a couple of more songs, which you might see next week but we have to get that guy back here soon!

I also passed out a few thoughts about thumb picks, I think, before Kaliko dropped in and joined, or maybe started the party. This actually made most of this video more like a mini-episode of TG Live and I would guess you will get a kick out of the entertainment value.

I did spend quite a bit of time with the guitar player and decided that that was worthy of its own segment, so hopefully next week…

Aloha,

Neil

sbutler

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Oh you lucky duck you! Poor guy having to go to Hilo and THEN do the weekly update for us. Man, thats what I call "Taking one for the Team" :laugh:

Thanks Neil, enjoy your little trip and don't forget to actually take some time to look at that beautiful place. We'll be here when you get back.

Scott

familyman4

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks Neil. Makes me want to get back there someday soon!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic