On the Beat - Episode 174 - Papa’s Guitar – Rebecca & Neil

tgjameela

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

This episode of On The Beat features Rebecca & Neil at the University of Hawai'i in Hilo.

My daughter Rebecca is a student at the University of Hawai’i at Hilo and is in a class called Sports And Spirituality. She did a presentation for the class on how important family and hula were to her. It consisted of a story about her Papa and a bit about his life, a bit on her own history, and a bit on the song I wrote a few days after Papa passed away when Rebecca was 8 years old. The first part of the video is Rebecca’s story and then I join her in a performance of Papa’s Guitar.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/tota ... eil-hogan/

haoli25

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:05 pm

That was just MAGICAL. Thank you so much Neil and Rebecca for sharing this wonderful video. I loved every moment of it. Bravo!!!!

Bill Image

thereshopeyet

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Rebecca and Neil

That was an emotional performance.

I am sure your Papa's with you every day.

Thanks for sharing

Dermot

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:21 pm

That was wonderful. I was going to say magical but Bill beat me to it but it is the best word to describe it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful family moment Neil and Rebecca. You guys were just great!

auntlynnie

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Oh Rebecca and Neil,
That was so beautiful. i had tears in my eyes the entire time.
I don't know anything about Hula, and I was surprised to see that it is quite like sign language, in fact some of the gestures are exactly the same.
What a great dad to travel all that way to support your daughter.

Thank you both for sharing this with the TG Community.

Lynn

sbutler

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 pm

WOW. Simply amazing. Great dancer and pretty good guitar player there as well.

Thanks guys.
Scott

cosmicmechanic

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Rebecca, Neil, you created a kind of guided visualization that is very touching. A mundane classroom transformed.

I bet it knocked their socks off ... come to think of it, maybe in Hawaii there aren't that many socks to knock off ? :P

Very appreciated !
Pierre

tombo1230

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Rebecca and Neil, I found that performance very moving and spiritual, just beautiful and yes magical is a perfect description I would say.

Thankyou so much for sharing this beautiful song, lovely dance and personal story with us all. :)

Tom N.

familyman4

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Oh my gosh, what a special tribute to Papa and all of your family!!! If ever there is an example of how wonderfully music and dance can express love and admiration, this is it.

I cannot even think of the words I am wanting to say right now except that these moments are so special, and for you (Neil and Rebecca) to share this song, story and dance with our TG community just makes me proud to say I am a small part of it...

My eyes are so full that I cannot even see what I am typing but this hit a special nerve in my memory bank and has me full of joy and love for family.

Thank you so much for shring!

Sincerely,
Bart

BobR

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Rebecca and Neil,

Thank you so much for sharing your special moment. I found it to be so emotional and wonderful.

Mahalo,

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic