And they told us that soda was bad for us, now I know why

tombo1230

Sun May 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Good luck with the Surgery Scott. I feel for you. When I tore my bicep ligament about 16 months ago I had just bought my own Taylor 814 and all I could do was stare at it. :dry: :S
A bit frustrating to say the least. I could kinda fingerpick after about two weeks, even in a cast, but only for a short time because of the strength loss and pain. It took about four to five months to get back to normal. I hope you get back to playing again quickly.

Is it the deltoid muscles they are fixing, or is it the two ligaments that attach to the shoulder area from the biceps muscle, these are prone to damage? Just curious.

Tom N.

sbutler

Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 am

Tom, it appears that I may have several issues. The biceps tendon appears to be torn. Something called a "superspenatous"or something like that and the tendon that attaches the deltoid. So I have a bag full of problems.

TGNesh

Mon May 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Gosh Scott.....I really feel for you.......really hope things will get better soon after the surgery...

Actually, i can really relate since I've been suffering with my left side (ribs, collarbone, blah blah) since november and it's affecting my playing more and more (am in a lot of pain most of the day), so I'm actually told to quit playing for a while (also the piano doesn't work).....well all in all.....it pretty much sucks to not be able to play... :( :( :( ....

Wish you all the best Scott and that you'll be able to get ready for IGC! :)

tombo1230

Mon May 06, 2013 2:18 pm

sbutler wrote:
Tom, it appears that I may have several issues. The biceps tendon appears to be torn. Something called a "superspenatous"or something like that and the tendon that attaches the deltoid. So I have a bag full of problems.

Ah yes, you have torn the ligament attaching the bicep to the shoulder and a related shoulder injury as well on the Supraspinatus muscle I see. Supraspinatus is shown in red on the diagram.
My own bicep injury was at the elboe side which is less common. You don't do things by halfs. :huh: :dry:

The sooner you are fixed the quicker you can get back to the stringed mistress as Michele calls it. :)

Speedy recovery!

Tom N.

familyman4

Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Good luck with the surgery and recovery Scott...

sbutler

Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks all. I'll still be around wishing I could play for a while. I just have so much to do in the next few months, surgery right now really sucks. I Sold my Cessna, and have a contract on our log home. We bought a new travel trailer and plan on being homeless gypsy's for the summer. While still in Alaska I have a 2 day Fishing trip planned for the largest of all Salmon, the KING Salmon. Looks like my wife is going to have to take that one cause I doubt I'll want to fight a 40lb fish anytime soon. Have several trips planned with the new Travel Trailer, including a couple of float trips down the Kenai River. Won't be doin that. And Oh yeah, Moving before the end of June.

Yep, my timing really sucks. So Neil If your reading this thread buddy, you mentioned several times you wanted to come up and visit, well it better be this summer cause after Labor day, we are moving to the mid-west. I'll have to figure out then how I'm going to get to the IGC later in Sept.

Scott

lueders

Mon May 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Best of luck with your surgery, Scott.
I'm sure you've got your reasons but I'm not sure why you wanna trade the beautiful mountains and rugged beauty of Alaska for the endless cornfields of the Midwest. Lol. B)

P.S. Didn't you say you were from Missouri? Just
lived there in the past?

Cori

sbutler

Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 am

Cori, yes I'm originally from the midwest. Kansas City actually. Our new home search is probably going to start in North central Missouri. Still a lot of unknowns.

Thanks for well wishes. Im off to the hospital now.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic