And they told us that soda was bad for us, now I know why

sbutler

Fri May 03, 2013 6:50 pm

So a few months ago I shared with everyone what happens to ones shoulder when you try to pull a 2400lb pallet of Pepsi across a soggy wooden floor of an airplane by yourself. I have been try to rehab my right shoulder, the one that wraps around my Taylor 814. Anyway, physical therapy just wasn't cutting it, so off to the Orthopedic Surgeons office I went last week for a dreaded MRI. Well the follow up visit to look at the images was pretty scary. And as suspected I have about 90% of one of my shoulder muscles torn completely from the bone. Yep, surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday.

It was a hard thing to volunteer for, but I want to be healed up by the time the first annual IGC rolls around.

So my practice time will come to a halt Monday night, and hopefully it will resume within a couple of weeks and maybe I won't loose anything in the interim, but the next time someone tells you too much soda is bad for you, believe them. :)

Scott

Music Junkie

Fri May 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Scott:

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that.

I was very lucky a few years ago when I had a torn rotator cuff. The tear was only about 3/4 inch and I was able to rehab it with PT and I did not have to get surgery. It was excruciating at times though. That is VERY minimal compared to your injury, so I can only imagine.. :(

I understand that the modern procedures for these kinds of surgeries are very effective and very successful, so I hope all goes well and I will certainly be pulling for you. That 814 of yours will be ready for you when you recover, and I am sure it will be dying to be played. You have a little over four months til the IGC, so that is good.

I will bring an extra wrong handed guitar for you in case your shoulder is still bothering you. You can always play left handed for a few days.... ;)

Keep us posted on your recovery.

Jason

sbutler

Fri May 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks Jason. Left handed huh? Not sure the brain would work in reverse. But Hey, one never knows. :)

michelew

Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm

All the best Scott. I hope the surgery does the trick and you're well on your way to feeling great by the time IGC rolls into town.

M

sbutler

Fri May 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks Michele. I'll be back in no time. Heck I'll probably cheat and play early, then I'll cry like a baby and remember the Dr said no playing for a couple of weeks. Then I'll do what I'm told.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 am

sbutler wrote:
Thanks Michele. I'll be back in no time. Heck I'll probably cheat and play early, then I'll cry like a baby and remember the Dr said no playing for a couple of weeks. Then I'll do what I'm told.
Scott
That sounds like it'll do the trick Scott! :laugh:
I hope all goes well for you and that you are back up and shredding asap.

Reminds me of a joke about a man who goes to the doctor with (amazingly enough) a torn shoulder. Says to the doctor,

"Hey DOc, will I ever be able to play my guitar after the surgery?"

Doc says,

"Sure you will, if you look after your shoulder well enough."

Man says,

"Well, that's amazing, because I'm buggered if I could play before!"

:P

sbutler

Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
sbutler wrote:
Scott
That sounds like it'll do the trick Scott! :laugh:
I hope all goes well for you and that you are back up and shredding asap.

Reminds me of a joke about a man who goes to the doctor with (amazingly enough) a torn shoulder. Says to the doctor,

"Hey DOc, will I ever be able to play my guitar after the surgery?"

Doc says,

"Sure you will, if you look after your shoulder well enough."

Man says,

"Well, that's amazing, because I'm buggered if I could play before!" Thats me Chris. Maybe I'll be able to play a guitar when this is all over. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:P

BobR

Sun May 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Scott,

I'll just echo MJ OUCH!! :( Good luck with the surgery. I hope you're back playing soon.

Bob

michelew

Sun May 05, 2013 4:38 pm

sbutler wrote:

Scott
I guess it just goes to show that love hurts. B) Be sweet to yourself and play hard to get with your mistress with strings attached. :) she can wait.

M

RicksPick

Sun May 05, 2013 5:35 pm

All the best scott
Ill be sending positive thoughts your way
Speedy recovery

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic