On the Beat - Episode 181 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 17th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 17th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Trying to maintain a little balance this week we managed to work in a Fly and a Review,
along with three new Target Lessons. Aside from going over those details in today’s News
I talked about a few things going on in the Forum. This included brief comments about
pentatonic scales and modes, beat divisions (as seen in the Stormy Monday FOTW), an
update on the Banner, a hint on our Driving Towards The Daylight Challenge, and one
of the best things I have seen at TG in a while- Bart’s song Castles In The Sand.

The Target releases this week included a very easy sight-reading Study by Fernando Sor,
an ear-training/theory lesson on James River Blues by Old Crow Medicine Show, and the
hauntingly beautiful Shape Of My Heart by Sting and his long time guitarist Dominic Miller.

More next week, as usual…

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

Music Junkie

Fri May 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Neil:

Thanks for touching on the "Driving Towards the Daylight" Thread. Maybe this is a bonehead question (everyone already knows I am full of them.. :) ).....

With chords of Esus4, E5, G5, Csus2, D5 and the others that are soon to come in the solo part...., what key/mode would you consider this to be? Seeing G, D and C, my first thought would be the Key of G. However, I know that Em is the relative minor, so it could be that.... But you have an Esus4 and E5, which are not really minor....

This is a bit confusing to me. I ask mostly, because I am trying to figure out the most likely culprits for the chords in the solo. I think if I could nail the key down a bit better, it may make that search more fruitful...

Thanks again!

Jason

familyman4

Fri May 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Neil,

I really appreciate your positive comments in this weeks recap about the song I wrote for Amanda. Many folks on the site have been very kind with their comments and I must admit, that makes me feel very good. Almost addictive :)

I probably should report that I performed the song live for her at a gathering of her friends (If you can imagine a bunch of 17 & 18 year old girls and boys listening) and several of us older family friends and it went over very well. Not a dry eye in the house... I actually got all of the runs correct when I performed the song live. Unlike a few I missed on the video.

Anyway, she felt like it was a special gift that will be a once in a lifetime thing.

Thanks again for all you do to help us!!!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic