On the Beat - Episode 182 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 24th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri May 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 24th-2013/

Today's News took on a new feature with the random addition of a couple Work It Out Challenges.
It seems like everybody enjoyed the first one, Driving Towards The Daylight, and it should become a
regular occurrence, starting here with a couple of old tunes you might recognize.

Otherwise I went through the week's Target releases, Moon In The Water by Dawes, Murder In The City
by The Avett Brothers, Play With Fire by The Rolling Stones, a Fly On The Wall looking at variations on Stormy Monday 
and relationships on the guitar, and a Review on Mark's excellent version of Ain't No Sunshine.

I also commented on some of the cool stuff going on in the Forum lately, including improbable tunes,
bridge pins, and a bit on Ray Manzarek and The Doors. That was about it

-Neil

willem

Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 pm

I sure use the guide for reading music,,the real point is I'm curious how to combine standard notation to the guitar,,I must be honest that I only looked into the lesson and don't yet practiced that full,,but I will..

nice weekend,see/hear yah,,

Willem

Ps This week I was back on Bourree in Em and ''lagrima'',,

dtaylor

Fri May 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Neil you really do like to tantalise us with those tasters in the news, Sultans of Swing would be V popular btw :)

I will get round to the reading music lessons, once I've done the scales and chords lessons, and learnt the 40 or so songs on my to-do list. Loving the Dawes stuff by the way.

haoli25

Fri May 24, 2013 3:37 pm

I really liked your arrangement of The Marmalade's "Reflections Of My Life". I have not thought of that song in decades.

Bill

lueders

Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Wow, cool news broadcast!! I heard G. Brown And Iron & Wine in there... I'm optimistic about the possibilities there. That was cool to see Sultan's as well!! Awesome!! Last but not least, it was really cool to see more of the sound- it- out- tunes, very very cool!! good times!!

wiley

Fri May 24, 2013 4:48 pm

plantman

Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks, I remembered the melody, could not remember the name of the group that did it. Chan

michelew

Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Who ever would have thought that Neil would add a concealed section. :)

What will he think of next?

sbutler

Sat May 25, 2013 11:03 am

Neil , since Im out of commision for a while with my playing, Ive taken some time to go back and review some theory. That does include your sight reading stuff. However I seem. to be really slow picking up on it and with out being able to practice , it will probably be a slow crawl. But I do think, for me anyway, that once a week ear traing would be extremely helpfull.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Sun May 26, 2013 3:57 am

Neil

Thanks for this Weeks Stuff.

Although songs might use the same chords I find that the way they are used (embellishments etc) they bring their own challenges.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic