On the Beat - Episode 184 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 7th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -7th-2013/

This week the TG Banner landed at TG Central. Thanks and congratulations to everybody involved.
It has been a fascinating and exciting trip with the next stop being the International Guitar Camp in
September, probably.

Today's News touched on the folks responsible for the Banner saga and I played bits and pieces of some
songs that had been running through my head recently. A couple of those came courtesy of some cool
uploads in the Busking Channel.

The Target releases included The Rolling Stones As Tears Go By,Tracy Chapman Give Me One Reason,
The Avett Brothers The Once And Future Carpenter, a Fly On The Wall lesson with Fred looking at Stormy Monday
(Part III), and an easy sight-resding exercise by Mauro Giuliani retitled Study #3.

I also brought up something that surprises me every time I let it happen, in a nutshell, CHANGE YOUR STRINGS MORE OFTEN!
It will make you play more and enjoy it more.

That's it for this week's words of wisdom.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

suziko

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Yes, yes, do a lesson on Summer Breeze!! :) And was that a segue into Venus??

Suzi

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:29 am

Neil, very full Wrap-up!

Nicely done tongue-in cheek while at first you ignored the newly arrived TG banner hanging on the wall :)

When you mentioned the TG banner saga, I remembered that weekend 2 years ago in NY State when it all started ... was a damn tarnation lot of fun !

The name tag you were looking for is "The Canadian New Englanders".

Just a reminder of the attendance: AcousticAl, BobR, Cosmicmechanic, Lavallee, MarkM, TVarga, Wammer.

It could have ended there ... but TG member Tammy (Wammer) had the banner made beforehand and brought it along with this far-out idea of having it travel the world !

So it's great to see all those scribbles added on the banner by disciples of the TG guitar sect ... especially NOW as it hangs on the wall behind Neil as he spouts whatever TG newness (or new-Ness !)

We sure learned a lot from each other that weekend 2 years ago, so it's obvious that the International Guitar Camp in September will be an event of seismic proportions !

Pierre

willem

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:04 am

Thank you Neil but take your time, I do need some pointers but take your time,,man I love that tune/song and its a nice style of playing the guitar..

I really love Vanessa's lessons,,she's great,,

So of to buy some new strings.

Have a nice weekend,,here's shining the sun hight in the sky...

Willem

sbutler

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks Neil. I'll get to sign the banner later. That full summer breeze lesson would sure be fun. In there are a lot of Seals and Croft songs worthy of said lesson.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic