On the Beat - Episode 186 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 21st, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 21st-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today’s TG News really turned into a walk down memory lane for me. This was mostly fueled by this week’s Glen Campbell song,
Wichita Lineman. By the end I had mentioned a few albums and songwriters that you should check out, as well as fumbling through
a couple of songs that seemed to appear as I was talking. There is a list of some of those below.

The other new releases this week were Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri (thanks to TGVanessa!), Steve Hackett’s instrumental Horizons,
Don’t Dream It’s Over by Neil Finn and Crowded House, a Fly On The Wall going over song structure with Lynn, and an Al Stewart review
on Suzi’s upload of Year Of The Cat.

Recommended listening (or watching)-
Glen Campbell: All The Best
Jimmy Webb: 10 Easy Pieces
Pat Metheny: Beyond The Missouri Sky (The Moon’s A Harsh Mistress)
Steve Hackett: Genesis Revisited (I or II)

Till next week,
Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

beaker

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks Neil, This John hartford seems pretty cool. I tried to find a vid that a saw once of him playing outdoors in Telluride but I could not find it again on You Tube. this one's pretty good as well though. Beaker.

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Neil:

That was a very fun wrap-up. I have been a fan of Jimmy Webb for a little while now, after I found out how many songs he has written over the years. I never knew how extensive his work was. I have been working on P.F. Sloan off of the Words & Music album for a little while now (not very diligently.. :unsure: ), and hope to have a presentable version someday. I was very glad to see Wichita Lineman today, and am eagerly awaiting Gentle On My Mind. I remember laying on the floor in my bedroom with some Glen Campbell albums and listening for hours as a kid. Great old songs.

Thanks for all the great stuff lately!

Jason

wrench

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Big fan here of Jimmy Webb. Chord solo of MacArthur Park. Yes, I can hear it now. What a welcome lesson that would be.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic