Playing the neighbourhood summer bash

Hydroman52

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Holy smokes, Chris! How do you remember all that without notes? And all the while on a schnapps diet, too.

Way to go. Spontaneity is good.

Hydroman52

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:33 am

Hi Rick, yes its my way of not having to deal with the fly-away song sheets :-). Oddly enough, its much better and easier for me to just remember how the song goes as I can usually hold lyrics without much effort. It would be more unsettling for me to use sheets although when I have played with a friend's band, I did need sheets just to make sure I was following the band. On your own, you just do it your way.

Hydroman52 wrote:
Holy smokes, Chris! How do you remember all that without notes? And all the while on a schnapps diet, too.
Way to go. Spontaneity is good.
Hydroman52
Dennis, I couldn't re-tune the 12 string safely to play Never Comes The Day, I bust the G-string (with no replacement) already before I started as I was in open C for Question (which I also chickened out of).

Thanks Cori, I have found keeping it simple works well as playing more complicated songs doesn't necessarily add to the enjoyment of those listening. As we are all guitar players, we tend to forget the vast majority of folks are not so they appreciate it when someone can play a couple of songs o.k. Wicked Game, yeah, good idea for next time!

Thanks for dropping by Kev! How's it going, do you have our next song lined up? :-)

Thanks for commenting Shell and Pierre!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic