Playing the neighbourhood summer bash

BobR

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Chris,

Guitar, Good friends/neighbors and a little ;) Schnapps - doesn't get better than that. :laugh:

Thanks for the nice story and an impressive set list.

Bob

AcousticAl

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Chris- I was definitely impressed with your repertoire from playing with you last time in Ottawa.
I'm sure you've forgotten more songs than I'll learn!

Thanks for sharing this story.

TGNesh

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Sounds just wonderful Chris, am glad you had such a nice time after a hard week :S ! And gosh....indeed, impressive seems to be the word here, I totally agree, it's very impressive! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks Chas, Bill, Bart, Al, Bob and Ness! There maybe some rogue videos around but not taken by me Bill! Al, your set list must be growing by now too, judging by your recent posts.

Side note: I guess I better work on looking fitter. Today a fellow coach turned up on my court where I was splayed out stretching my back waiting for some late clients. He was asking me calmly how I was feeling, heart ok?... with a defibrillator in his hand! :blush: Then when I arrived home a neighbour asked me if I was ok as I was puffing and blowing after walking the 500 mtrs up the (really) steep hill (I mean, steep Swiss hill here) after 4 hours of tennis on a hot summer day. I feel fine but I must work on looking a bit fitter!! :dry: :side:

lueders

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Looks like an excellent set list, indeed. :) I'm sure you did a great job.
What happened round here? Everyone turned into performers.

Side note: geez, I'm right there with ya...who am I kidding I am lagging behind the bottom of the hill.

PS: No Wicked Game?

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... it was a warm evening with about 40 people in good spirits ...
Chris, looks like some 40 survivors ! Real progress, congrats ! :P

I hope this boosts your confidence ! (And you sure do deserve it :))

Pierre

michelew

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:19 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I have not been playing that much recently but last night the neighbourhood held their summer BBQ outside my door and asked me to bring my guitar along. I joined them late and was not really expecting to be able to play much after a stressful and emotionally draining week, I didn't even make it home from work the night before (don't ask!). But they are a friendly and decent bunch with Holland, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, USA, GB and Switzerland all represented. From what I can remember (there was a lot of schnapps being floated around) my set list turned out to be:

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - Beatles
Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel
Country Roads - John Denver
Let it Be - Beatles
Lady Madonna - Beatles
Me and Julio - Simon & Garfunkel
Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
Nights in White Satin - Moody Blues
Knocking on Heaven's Door
She was Just 17 - Beatles
When You Wake up - Moody Blues (Thanks to all my TG friends who helped me master this one)
Scarborough Fair - Simon & Garfunkel
Gold Watch Blues - Donovan
If you Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot
Simple Game - Moody blues

There may have been a few more between the schnapps.... :-)
That really is one ENORMOUS set list, especially from memory. WOW! It just becomes increasingly amazing the more I read this list.

dekotaj

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

Bravo Brother!!!

Sorry to hear about you bad week. But sounds like it turned around a little by the end. Great song list. To bad no videos.

Beat to you my friend.
Kev

dennisg

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:48 am

Man, I'll bet that was a lot of fun! You never know how that type of get-together will turn out, but yours sounds like it was smooth sailing all the way. Congratulations! I'm just sorry I wasn't there to belt out a tune or two with you. But really, Chris ... no Never Comes the Day?

lueders

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 pm

If I heard that set-list I 'd be happy. :) I'm sure you had 'em quite entertained. Sounds like a great time!
Not to send the thread off on a tangent...BUT it's like EVERYBODY became seasoned performers over night! :)
I'd better start getting more professional...geez.

As for the SIDENOTE I'm right there with ya. Okay...who am I kidding? I'm an American. I'm huffing and panting (way behind u)at the bottom of the hill. Lol.

P.S. None of my business but next time I think I 'd have to throw in " wicked game."

Okay let's see if I can remember to hit submit this time...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic