On the Beat - Episode 191 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 26th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 26th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today my goal was to keep the News shorter than last week, maybe 5 minutes or so was the plan.
You can guess what happened. At least it was about 5 minutes shorter than last week. The stuff I
really wanted to get to included a couple of new challenges coming next week, one requiring listening
to The Beatles, as well as a few comments on our viral thread on the Beginnings of TG. I think I got to
most of that, along with some really random resurrecting of pieces that I should have practiced.

The new releases for the week featured Jim Croce's Bad, Bad Leroy Brown, Arlo Guthrie's Coming Into Los Angeles,
Christina Perri's A Thousand Years (thanks to Vanessa!), and Things We Said Today by The Beatles. We also
brought back a Student Review and a Fly On The Wall, looking at Tom's upload of Bermuda Triangle Exit and a
FOTW where Sandy and I talked about why, "I played it better at home" is a common battle-cry among musicians.

Sorry, gotta run, off to the mountains for some wine tasting with very old friends today...

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

TGNesh

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Aaaaah 'Fool On The Hill'......LOVE that one too! :cheer: Come to think of, I've always been a little more drawn to songs by Paul, always loved his singing! :)

willem

Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Thx,,off now,,to the fool on the hill,,,listen Of course..

Willem

familyman4

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Another great week in the world of Totally Guitars!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:38 am

Its official Chas, you are the OLDEST Target member. Note that Neil said OLDEST and not longest serving or original but OLDEST :woohoo:

Its been a fun week at TG with some great nostalgia and Neil (in his baddest shirt :) ) rounding things off so well with his unique Californian, meandering style of delivering the weekly wrap-up.

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:31 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Its official Chas, you are the OLDEST Target member. Note that Neil said OLDEST and not longest serving or original but OLDEST :woohoo:

Its been a fun week at TG with some great nostalgia and Neil (in his baddest shirt :) ) rounding things off so well with his unique Californian, meandering style of delivering the weekly wrap-up.
Lol... I heard that but... Neil also stated Target started in 09 well my date is 08 so I'm even older .... :dry: :blush: :woohoo: :S :P

The viral thread was a bit like the old days where it kept getting hijacked then brought back to topic. Ahhh the good old bad old days

kelemenj

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey Neil,
If you are doing guitar arrangements for piano based songs, maybe you could consider 'Vienna' by Billy Joel. It's one of my favorites and I can't quite figure out the opening chords.
John

TGNeil

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi John,

Great suggestion, and coincidentally one my daughter just asked me to do for her as well. It's joined the 'to do' list but no promises just yet.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic