On the Beat - Episode 192 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 2nd, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -2nd-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

A couple of experimental lesson ideas have run through my head lately and this week I decided to try one.
I hope everybody has taken a look at The Fool On The Hill Project and is thinking about taking part and
contributing their thoughts and deductions. I will get to more of it if there seems to be enough interest and
participation. Other than that, today’s News covered the recent releases and a few thoughts on some Forum
topics. Those included the ‘A’ shape barre family, our reorganization of the Free Lessons section, a bit on our
camp coming up in 7 weeks, and some comments on Tommy Emmanuel.

The rest of our Target releases featured some old classics, Stand By Me by Ben E. King, Bob Marley’s
No Woman No Cry, and a fingerpicking delight, Deep River Blues by Doc Watson. All of these have been on our
Recommend A Lesson list for a long time so be sure to keep those requests coming and vote for your favorites.
I also managed to get in a theory-related Fly On The Wall with Sandy working on House At Pooh Corner.

Back with more next week!

Neil

willem

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Never played for us!!! ''when I'm 64''

Cheers

Willem

dtaylor

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Always amazing to watch you improvise the chord solos in different keys.
I've been looking forward to the classical lessons since you trailed a while ago. Hope you get around to them eventually.

Dean

fjeanmur

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:14 am

Hey Neil!

"House at Pooh Corner" instrumental! Yeah! I'll see if I can find where to list it for "Recommend a Lesson." I'm always looking for fairly accessible instrumentals. The song has been one of my favorites since high school. Great idea.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic