On the Beat - Episode 193 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 9th, 2013

tgjameela

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -9th-2013/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week we reentered the world of open tunings with a couple Target lessons in Open D,
Bob Dylan’s Buckets Of Rain and Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides Now. We also got into the ‘way back’
machine with a lesson on Wildwood Flower. This was originally done by The Carter Family, who
helped pioneer the American Folk Music scene in the early 20th century. The style later blossomed
into the Bluegrass world with the likes of Bill Monroe. and other virtuoso instrumentalists.

We continued our Fool On The Hill Project with a look at some of the ways to play the first couple
chords, and had a Fly On The Wall lesson with Sandy working on Sister Golden Hair.

I think today I set a new record for jumping between subjects (and maybe even non-subjects!), as
the review of new releases kept getting interrupted with random songs and tangential thoughts. I
vaguely remember talking about this date being an important one in Hogan family history, looking for
questions, suggestions, or comments on our upcoming camp, a few thoughts on the TG philosophy
and note-perfect tab, and even a mention of one of our long time members upcoming cross-continent trek.

Hopefully everybody can hang with the excursions!

Neil

tedted3

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Thank you for addressing the tab issue. You even played the chord solo part I was talking about from Broadway Hotel. The accurate tab wasn't me, but I agree with what he was saying. Your tabs are not incorrect they just don't match what you play. I understand what you are trying to do with your lessons. I know you have a method to your lessons. The one aspect of this site that makes it better than all the other sites is how you make the songs your own and incorporate the melody and bass lines into a solo guitar arrangement. You have taught me and motivated me for years with your lessons. I was just hoping to get a guide in tab form for more of your lessons. I am an extremely visual learner. People learn in many different ways and that is just what works for me. If you ever change your mind and make some packages up I would be willing to buy them.

tvarga

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Oooh, that last instrumental you played sounds like a challenging, great sounding, fun one to play. :)
-Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic